Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Project the world famous Don Aronow Maltese Magnum >

Project the world famous Don Aronow Maltese Magnum

Notices

Project the world famous Don Aronow Maltese Magnum

Old 08-09-2003, 02:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As soon as the project gets underway, I have volunteered to create and maintain a gallery for the restore pics on my site. I may just take the bull by the horns early if I can get some higher res pics of the images posted here by Runaway. Hugh is a great guy and look forward to working with him documenting this project.
Old 08-09-2003, 04:28 AM

Was one of these 28's you speak of bought from Aronow by Vincenzo Balestrieri, and subsequently sunk in the Cowes-Torquay of 68' in England? if so I know the fella that recovered the boat some time later, from the murky depths of Lyme bay, I'll try and find out what became of it.
Old 08-09-2003, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Jon, (good question)

Very close too the one?, the two difference's between the 67 and the 68 is the engine scoops, and the cockpit edge molding, on the 67 the edge molding is taller and more boxy, also the scoops the four back to back, they are also taller.

In J. Crouse's searace it's shows the both as you may know, take a close look, they both have yellow cockpit cushions and the hull markings are so close you need to have 20/20 to see the differences's but they do have some.

VOF - Hugh
Old 08-09-2003, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Jon, Hugh,

Check out this site for Vincent's "Tornado" racing. There is a photo of "White Tornado" going down.

http://albaco.net/tornado/index.html

There are some great classic photos on this site!

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 08-09-2003 at 08:24 AM.
Old 08-09-2003, 03:06 PM

Rob, Great site you've put a link to!, and Hugh, I will watch this thread with great interest

I will try and find out what happend to the 68' boat.
Old 08-10-2003, 01:00 PM
mirageman

TTT

Old 08-11-2003, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hugh,

Along with Jim, I too can dedicate a portion of ThunderboatAlley.com to the project. Either a link to Jim's site or a section of your own. Before/after shots...you name it.

Sean
Old 08-11-2003, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hugh,
Please don't take offense to this post but,, I'm trying to get a grip on just how this "not-for-profit" restoration job is going down.

You are the owner, right? You are a private owner, not a representative of a museum or foundation, right?

So, my point is why would (or should) people donate time and materials to a privately owned restoration project? I mean, its cool if people want to help out but you are actually soliciting free help with your restoration project in the name history preservation.

You say you are not going to sell the boat. However, once the project is completed and that Magnum is worth one or two bazzillion dollars, well, it just might get sold to some guy with too much money.

Maybe I don't understand the structure of your project and I really am not trying to bash anything. Just seems odd that you pick up resto project and then in the name of history of the sport, try to get free services.

Staighten me out here if I'm not getting this right.

Dave
Old 08-11-2003, 03:18 PM
Registered

Dave,

Your good to ask but your not the first person to bring this up, but it is good that you did in the open form here at OSO, I can't cover the copyright information or the legalites, because of previous parties that took advantage and profitted form my ideas.

But here's what I can tell the group, this is a non-profit foundation pending fillings in nationally and in Washington State, the boat will not be sale and or any copyright information obtained from the boat.

I will provide the supports a TAX ID with the(ITED)numbers.

This is not a get rich scheme, you can read my earlier posts to see my intent, I'm doing this for the love of the sport, you can see this is to help bring the past days of the sport to the young and older speculator's.

This will not be the only project for Vintage Offshore Foundation.

Please feel free to email me direct with questions I will address all emails.

Thank you,
Hugh Hulman VOF
Old 08-11-2003, 03:21 PM
Registered

Sean,

Thank you pls email me and we can cover the best approach to get the word out to the fans.

Hugh

Quick Reply: Project the world famous Don Aronow Maltese Magnum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.