Like Tree0Likes

OT, V-Rods who has one?

Old 08-11-2003, 09:53 PM
Registered

My Boats: was a 89" Formula 311-SR1

27mmlotto, a buddy of mine way back when, with his 85 V-Max, jetted it to the max (no pun intended), put a Kerker 4/1 pipe on it, changed the cams and it idled like a 67 427/435 Vette. Sweetest idling bike I ever heard. I think that 85 was the best year for Mr. Max.
Old 08-11-2003, 10:07 PM
Registered

My Boats: 24 OUTLAW

You will see a couple of these when you go to Chillicothe to the biker rodeo with us this year!

Thats not the only thing you will see that is cool!
Old 08-12-2003, 07:45 AM
27mmLoto

I like the shaft for its lack of maintenance requirements and its quiet operation. Riding with a chain bike is annoying after doing away with them. The belts are quiet and lube free so they have somme attraction. If I was racing it the performance gains would be worth the work but it is a street cruiser.
I have thought about a pipe, cam, carb change but it is still original and it is getting to the classic status so I have mixed emotions about changing anything.

Old 08-12-2003, 08:18 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by TEAMBAJA
You will see a couple of these when you go to Chillicothe to the biker rodeo with us this year!

Thats not the only thing you will see that is cool!
Old 08-12-2003, 10:32 AM
AZDominator

Owned mine for a year (7300 miles). I bought it because I couldn't live with the performance of the air-cooled motors, however; I wanted to buy something where most of my money stayed in the U.S.A. I still love the looks and performance after a year.

Old 08-12-2003, 08:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 47 Special Edition 600 SCI's

Thrillseeker:

We went to Southeast Harley in early July to check out the bike in person before buying on Ebay. Southeast had new V-rods for $17,000-$18,000 and they were ready to deal down from that. They had 4 on the display floor. I went with my Ebay purchase because it had a lot of extras including the paint for the same money. If you are looking, we saw a lot of V-rods on Ebay with a lot of extra chrome that you won't find on the stock bike at the dealership. We thought it a better deal to buy the used with the extras, but then we've never bought anything new in our lives.

Yeah, you saw my bike at Kelley's a couple weeks ago. It's my boat substitute this summer.