Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OH?
Attached Thumbnails 42 MTI or 36 Eliminator Cat-siderunningsmall.jpg  
Old 08-12-2003, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by T2x
No insult intended, but I wouldn't put Eliminator in the same category as a Skater, an MTI ( Skater derivative), or a Nortech. The latter three are in a whole different league in terms of design, construction, handling, speed, and resale.

T2x
Exactly.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:37 PM
Registered

I like to monitor this board to get the word on the street. See what people think and so forth. I believe it helps me to keep in touch.
The one advantage to this board is that you can get a zillion different opinions.
But when making a major decision you need to get out there and see as much as you can and if possible ride in everything you can.
There's a lot of good builders out there. Some have features you like better than others and some have better rides, quality of construction, style etc. There's no such thing (even though I hope we come close) as a perfect boat.
But get ideas and suggestions, then go out there and find your dream.
Terry Sobo
Old 08-12-2003, 02:37 PM
Registered

27 Fountain,
I am partial to the 36' Eliminator because I own one. but all of the boats that are mention above are outstanding boats! This thing about a center pod versus true tunnel is something you should invest agate. I own one of the three SCL racing Eliminators,the only one with a center pod and it is two miles a hour faster! then the others.Also if you are going pleasure boating the pod helps to get on plain. Also you need to think about towing the Eliminator is approx. 8.5 W some of the boats above are much wider and you could have towing issues in some states and be forced to get towing permits! One last thing some of these boats only have access to the cabin through the deck! I don't know
how old some of your riders are but it can be difficult to enter and exit through a hatch! Also you may want to check out the percentage of loss (new cost verses used). good luck in your decision you can't go wrong with any of these boats. Brian
Old 08-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Registered

Terry, I wish you'd stop posting pictures of your boats. Everytime you do, I short out my keyboard by drooling all over it!!!
Old 08-12-2003, 02:52 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally posted by Miller
Terry, I wish you'd stop posting pictures of your boats. Everytime you do, I short out my keyboard by drooling all over it!!!
No doubt. That 36 NorTech is so bad! Terry you know one of my bud's here on Grand who really wants one. I keep working on him every weekend to buy it. I really think he needs the 50 though.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:56 PM
Registered

Anybody I know? Get him aboard and there might be a little something in your Christmas envelope!!!
TS
Old 08-12-2003, 03:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks soo much for all the input, I am really just wanting to know more about the Cats and different brands. As for giving up some space for performance I know about that, (check Avatar). All riders on my boat are 18 and up, (or God I hope so) I just need a little cabin to crash in if I party it up too much that night, those who know me understand.

I am looking probably two years out, but after one year start looking used, after two or three start looking for new, if I can't find a used one.

Since posting this thread I have been looking up some boats and for my range I may need to make it a little smaller like a 30-35 cat.

Dreamboater, you are right about the paint on Eliminator, the ingel colors are awsome.

WILL
Old 08-12-2003, 03:14 PM
packinair

call Chris Reindl... he has all the info on the MTI's

Old 08-12-2003, 05:43 PM
GeoGraphics INC

I have two 42 MTI's in my shop now one is a 4 person raceboat the other is a 9 person play boat with a cabin and queen size bed, it has 575's and #6's and runs 105 mph, oh it also has a Vacuflush head and holding tank as well. The race boat is unrigged and weighs #4600 it will have some big ass Sterlings in it and will be very fast.

Quick Reply: 42 MTI or 36 Eliminator Cat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.