Old 08-17-2003, 07:00 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by tachyon
Also,

It looks like a shaft drive??
Hey Dave,

It was a collabration of Michael Peters and Jack Clark using Jack's specs and some of Michaels ideas also to come to the above finished product.

Also you can get it with #6's, Weismann's, Arneson with rudder steering, or whatever you may wish. There are some pictures of the Arneson with rudder steering on the back shots of the Coca Cola boat. Will talk to everyone later tonight.

Easy Sling.

Sean
Old 08-17-2003, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Sean,

Is it a current (new) design? I was told (by MP himself) that he was "exclusively retained" by the Victory Team/ Dubai for race boat design (i.e. they took him off the market). The design above certainly "looks" more race than pleasure....
Old 08-17-2003, 09:18 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Yes sir you are correct. I don't know the exact details but this project was done before the Victory deal. And stems back to when the 48/50 project (WildThing & CocaCola boats) was done. The tooling was completed but a boat never laid up to the best of my knowledge. If you would like to talk via landline please PM your number to me and I will gladly talk with you. Also I would be happy to find out the exact details for you and convey them to you. I am more than happy to do this.

Sean
Old 08-17-2003, 09:29 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Originally posted by Too Old
and a voice was heard....."build them and they will come......"
Fred

Thanks for the support. I am in agreement with you on this subject. The direction we're going in is to get a couple out in the marketplace and then build a badass one for the poker run circuit. Then we will get into racing and endurance runs. Hell maybe then we could probably accept Apaches challenge that they have posted up on their website! That would be one hell of a race the Apache boys have been doing their homework and have one hell of a product in their camp. It would prove to be a hell of a duel to say the least.

Sean
Old 08-18-2003, 12:02 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been in, on, around, over, and under Wild Thing. I also took a nice rough water ride in it on Biscayne Bay back in November a few days before the Worlds. That boat is awesome.

I hope the JET idea works.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:08 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Hey Battle Cry.....I haven't been in the Wild Thing but have seen it up close. It looked absolutely impeccable. What I want to know is when you rode in it, Did it seem like it took a long time to wind the Torques up to get to WOT? It seemes to me that they're like a freight train and it takes a lot of water to wind them out. The boat ran in the 140's I'm told though. Thanks Sean
Old 08-19-2003, 03:35 AM
Registered

I'm not really sure about how long it took to wind up the Torques. When we went out it was getting rough out and if you know or have met the owner, he is not afraid to use to equipment to its FULLEST extent. He is by far the most daring while in control driver I have ever boated with. That is Sugar Coating it a BUNCH. That boat handled the rough at over 100mph like it was nothing. Soft landings.

Sean, feel free to take a ride with JoJo ANYTIME. It will be an experience you won't soon forget. Or maybe you can go for a pickelfork ride at over 120mph with him. Either way its well worth it.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:41 AM
Registered

Sorry how can I forget the 47 that runs over a 100mph.

I was in South Florida when Wild Thing was being painted after it came out of the mold. I watched the progress for two weeks. I was totally amazed.

Have you ever met him?

He always wants to go faster and be different.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:29 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

No I haven't met him that I know of, but I would love to meet and talk with him. Anyway here's an air shot of another Jag.
Attached Thumbnails Jaguar Testimonial-thriller-big-air.jpg  

Quick Reply: Jaguar Testimonial

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.