Notices

What is a Webbcraft ??

Old 05-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My father owned a 1979 26 ft Webbcraft with twin 330's which he set a world speed record with in Lake Mead. I think the year was around 1984. There was a writeup in Powerboat Magazine I remember reading. I remember meeting some of the Webb family on Grand Lake in Oklahoma and they had a boy a few years younger than me and his name was Nathan like mine and we had the same birthday. Anyway, back in the 80's Webbcraft was a great boat. All boats back then were heavier than todays boats. If they were still in business today I am sure they would be as well built as they were back then. We owned a 23 and then later a 26 and never had any problems with either of them. I have several pictures of the boat coming completely out of the water on a glass smooth lake(trimmed up obviously). For those who talked about the boats being heavy well, guess what, they were all heavy back then! Fiberglass systems have come a long way over the last 30 years as well as have boats. I will post the pics when I find them.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Registered

I thought you had to be at least 12 years old to post here?????
Old 05-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Back in the late 80's we built a pair of 650hp 540's for Webbcraft. They were expiermenting with an airfoil on the radar arch to provide lift for fuel economy and more speed with less power. I have often wondered it a prototype was buit and if it was still around.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Registered

Default webbcraft

I still have my fathers webbcraft boat I believe it s a 1987 19.5 ft bowrider. Its still in mint condition It also has the 180 horse 4cyl. mercury marine engine. Sorry to hear that they are gone.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was on a Webbcraft Bowrider yesterday. The boat looked and ran great for an 85 model with 5000 hours on the meter...
Old 07-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Prater
I was on a Webbcraft Bowrider yesterday. The boat looked and ran great for an 85 model with 5000 hours on the meter...
5000?? or 500?
Old 07-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It said 5000, maybe I had a bit too much to drink...My 89 Sea Ray is only pushing 830 hours. That Webbcraft is used daily.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Outlawcowgirl
Yes, they are out of business. I grew up in Collinsville, OK. There are parts, props, and what not all over the place there. Actually, I was home there a couple of weeks ago and my brother-in-law came in with a prop. He wondered if it would fit the Outlaw. Let's just say it would fit a very large boat maybe a cruiser.
Ask Gordo about it. I played a little trick on him with it.
Would this be a WebbCraft Equlizer ? and is it Gordo with the Cruisers Inc at Texoma you play a trick on ?

Gordo's Boat on Texoma
Old 03-20-2010, 12:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MR.Lake-XII
I've read some of these replys and feel i should come to the defense of Webbcraft. I am employed in the marine industry and have been for many years.( Never by Webbcraft). I have had an opportunity to have a conversation with Mr.Webb perhaps a dozen or so times over the years and I know his boats quite well. I feel some people are being a little harsh on the webbcrafts, and also on the webbs. Webbraft made excellent boats. The Last year they were made was model year 1998( but only a handful). I will agree that webbcraft should have not ventured into the offshore racing market. Their runabouts are terrific boats and to say that they are copys of a cobalt is absurd. Anyone who looks at the Cobalt and Webbcraft models can see two very distinct lines of boats. To say they never had an originl idea is crazy and somewhat insulting. They made well built, heavy, long lasting boats. I will admit that the 28' model( named: Equalizer) was almost a carbon copy of a cigarette, and that they should have stuck with runabouts. But they do deserve credit for building quality boats. They aren't on a plane with Cigarette, Formula, Fountain,etc. , but they are certinaly as good or better than a Baja, Chris-Craft, etc. Don't be afraid to buy a webbcraft runabout. Their Offshore "racers" are a bit doggy. And as people go they are some of the most likeable, and hospitable people in the industry.
Is this boat a WebbCraft Equlizer, I been trying to find out exactly what it is, it's Heavy, weighs in at 3660 off the trailer, 28ft length, 7' 9" beam best I can tell, here's a link to a bunch of pictures of it.
http://www.olered.com/ScrapBook.html

Last edited by OleRed; 03-20-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:50 AM
PAN
Registered

Just thought I'd revive this thread. I've owned a webbcraft 27ft velota now for 10 years and still love it.. its a heavy, but well built boat

Quick Reply: What is a Webbcraft ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.