muffler test

Old 08-22-2003, 05:56 PM
Hydro Power

Peconic

I think that is the best info that we ever got about our silencers. Thanks

Old 08-23-2003, 03:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to see some testing done...Sounds like a good setup..Lots of good feedback. I would like to see a test done with several mufflers not just a couple..I really like my Shotguns. Many people don't realize YOU CAN adjust them...Not to mention different recoil springs are availiable to adjust even more....A good test with Torque,HP,Speed and Cost would be awesome.....

BH
Old 08-23-2003, 09:43 AM
Registered

Too Old, you forgot: "Was that on the db-A scale or the db-C scale?"

This reminds me of what happens in my business when someone comes across a survey which he doesn't like: "Who did the survey? Was it representative? What was the sample size? Postal or telephone?"

The most important message these numbers send is:

- There are mufflers that do not impact performance.
- They provide a considerable reduction in noise, in this instance, from 93dB to 86-88 dB.

Note: dBs have a logarithmic scale. Increasing a sound intensity by a factor of 10 raises its level by 10 dB; increasing it by a factor of 100 raises its level by 20 dB and so forth.

For our application, two items are important:

- What is the dB reading, stationary at idle (because that's what the ever so popular SAE J-2005 requires) ?

- Does the muffler impact performance (because this is what we can't stand) ?

Last edited by Peconic; 08-23-2003 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-24-2003, 06:33 AM
Registered

I am not knocking the product, in fact it sounds like those are good results Hydro-Power. However, the information as presented here seems very sketchy. I agree with Too Old, more info is needed. I would also be curious how they stack-up against some other products on the market.
Old 08-24-2003, 02:33 PM
Hydro Power

The testing was done by professionals that know the standards inside and out.
In terms of other products, 2 weeks ago we got a call from Eliminator Boats. They were referred to us by Mercury, who has tested every silencing system on the market today . Also CMI who has a competitive product to ours has also sent us business because we are the only silencer on the market that can handle big power without loosing HP's.
I don't understand why we are getting such a hard time about our products. Look the best powerboat company's in the world like Cig, Outerlimets, Eliminator, just to name a few use or system because it is the best. We all know how expensive our system is, so for the OEM's to buy a system that is twice as expensive as any thing else says a lot about what we are doing.

Old 08-24-2003, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How about a special end of the season group OSO special discount!!
Old 08-24-2003, 06:28 PM
Hydro Power

Here is what we will do. I will start a new thread offering a 20% disc on the entire product line till Aug 30.

Last edited by Hydro Power; 08-24-2003 at 08:13 PM.

Old 08-25-2003, 06:53 AM
Hydro Power

The test was done by Livorsi. It was conducted in the afternoon. The speeds were registered with a gps. I don't have an answer on what type of equipment that he used.

Old 08-25-2003, 08:38 AM
voodoo

Do you have Pn#s of the products used?

Old 08-25-2003, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

HP, I don't know much about your muffler system, and I am not trying to be difficult here---just curious, but I was wondering if you could please answer a few questions---

1) Is it an on/off system or a full time system that is a permanent installation?

2) If it's not a permanent installation, do they install something like the Shotgun type mufflers?

3) If it is not a full time system, and your mufflers are in the "open" mode, can you tell me what the difference is in db's between a straight open, dry exhaust system (no mufflers attached to tailpipes at all) compared to your muffler attached to the tailpipes in the "open" mode on the same test engines/boat? In other words, do your mufflers still quiet down the engines even when they are in the "open" mode and if so, what is the difference in db's please?

Do you have a website w/pictures?

Thanks
Mark/KAAMA

Last edited by KAAMA; 08-25-2003 at 09:51 AM.

Quick Reply: muffler test

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.