Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Comparison question (Apache & Cigarette)  strictly research. >

Comparison question (Apache & Cigarette) strictly research.

Notices

Comparison question (Apache & Cigarette) strictly research.

Old 08-22-2003, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comparison question (Apache & Cigarette) strictly research.

Ok,,, from doing my reading (homework) on OSO; I have read the Apache mold is a relative of the Cigarette family. My question is this: Why didn't more older flat deck Cigs get rigged more in line like the Apaches?

For example: a 1986 Cigarette Flat Deck,, Merc 420's and TRS drives, a 1986 Apache came with big power and number 3's.. Just a question....

Last question: If you had a 86 Cigarette 38' and a 86 Apache 41' rigged with the same power which boat would be faster? and why?
Attached Thumbnails Comparison question (Apache & Cigarette)  strictly research.-three.jpg  
Old 08-22-2003, 10:01 AM
Registered

Default just posting these pics as examples

an Apache and above is DJD old Cig
Attached Thumbnails Comparison question (Apache & Cigarette)  strictly research.-apache1-copy.jpg  
Old 08-22-2003, 10:03 AM
Registered

Question Was there a big weight difference?

Believe me I am not starting a thread of name calling, I am just curious about the design and make up of the 2 boats...
Old 08-22-2003, 10:07 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Comparison question (Apache & Cigarette) strictly research.

Originally posted by SinkorSwim

For example: a 1986 Cigarette Flat Deck,, Merc 420's and TRS drives, a 1986 Apache came with big power and number 3's.. Just a question....

Last question: If you had a 86 Cigarette 38' and a 86 Apache 41' rigged with the same power which boat would be faster? and why?

1. It is the customers decision on power. Some want reliable, some want speed. You could put 3's and big power in a 38 back then as well.

2. If neither one had a cabin, the Cigarettes going to have less weight and probably be a little faster.

The Cig you have for and example is set up as more of an Island running cruiser. Heres a better example of a 1986 38 Flat Deck.
Attached Thumbnails Comparison question (Apache & Cigarette)  strictly research.-sixpack38.jpg  

Last edited by PokerRunGunT/S; 08-22-2003 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:16 AM
Registered

Lightbulb Understandable....

I can understand the niche marketing that Apache was targeted at....

How about this question,,, was there ever an Apache built with so called "reliable" horesepower?

If so what was the smallest HP ever put into a 41'? I doubt many came out of Bobby's shope with 330hp mercs... lol
Old 08-22-2003, 10:27 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Default Re: Understandable....

Originally posted by SinkorSwim
If so what was the smallest HP ever put into a 41'? I doubt many came out of Bobby's shope with 330hp mercs... lol
I doubt that too, LOL. Generally if you were going to buy a 41 Apache or a 42 Cigarette the boats were so heavy that you had to have some heat under the hatch. Both companies made smaller boats for the smaller power. I have no idea if Apache built any with "reliable" power, but probably not. Cigarette's 42 had big power from the factory too.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:30 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

I don't know about the older ones, but I have a 1997 36' with 525's and bravo's that are reliable. It is a 72-75 mph boat.
Attached Thumbnails Comparison question (Apache & Cigarette)  strictly research.-apacheair.jpg  
Old 08-22-2003, 10:39 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Comparison question (Apache & Cigarette) strictly research.

Originally posted by cashbrain
That is a beautiful Flat Deck...I want to know more about this boat

It a guy in the Cigarette forum that posted under the 38 flat deck thread. He completely restored it, obviously. Check it out.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:41 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally posted by WARPARTY36
I don't know about the older ones, but I have a 1997 36' with 525's and bravo's that are reliable. It is a 72-75 mph boat.
Yeah, they did make lots of 36's that ran reliable power. No 41's or 47's. Warparty keeps going and going and......... Going to the lake this weekend bub?
Old 08-22-2003, 11:07 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

I don't know yet, I am supposed to be driving people around, because my dad won't drive the Apache. Everyone keeps calling me from the Ozarks rubbing it in.
Big Mac just called and wants to go. He is calling Michael and Grant and will call me back.

Quick Reply: Comparison question (Apache & Cigarette) strictly research.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.