Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
THANK YOU for making SOS so GREAT... >

THANK YOU for making SOS so GREAT...

Notices

THANK YOU for making SOS so GREAT...

Old 08-25-2003, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would not have been the same without all you "offshore people". We are indeed all "family".
Thank you again for all the help. We could not have done it without you. I cannot express my gratitude for those who stepped in and saved my ***, when "curveballs" were thrown at me the last second and of course the usual mechanical problems. Again, I couldn't have pulled it off without you folks. WE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2003, 10:25 AM
Registered

Michael A, after talking to over 200 people at this point, this was THE BEST RACE EVER held in Sarasota. One older couple approached me and stated they had been to over 100 offshore events and this was the best they'd ever seen. A woman who was on the north end of Siesta Beach raved for 15 minutes about how unbelievably fast the med/rescue people were there for Screamin' Eagle. She kept going on and on how it was so apparent on how much APBA cared about it's racers. She said it was the talk of the north end of the beach for 20 minutes. Not having spectator boats beachside was brilliant. Everyone kept saying they thought they could have reached out and touched the boats as they flew past the beach. No matter what "some" people might try to say, THIS EVENT WAS THE BEST and was percieved as the best. Despite all the b******t that "some" people tried to pull (two bridges breaking in a row so the Lady Sarasota could not get back in, and there are reporters investigating that as we speak), despite all those efforts, WE PULLED IT OFF IN THE GRANDEST OF STYLE AND HELD OUR HEADS HIGH WHILE DOING IT AND DID NOT RESPOND IN THE MANNER THAT "THOSE OTHERS" DID. Once again, thank you for bringing the best race ever to SARASOTA , the INDY 500 of OFFSHORE RACING.....
Old 08-25-2003, 11:20 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

We watched the Sunday races from the water, and I have to say it was some of the best racing I have ever seen.

It would also be great to go back to Ft. Myers, as we lived there while we started this venture.

See you all in Ft. Lauderdale and St. Pete.

www.reindlpowerboats.com
Old 08-25-2003, 11:32 AM
Banned

I agree it was the best racing I've seen yet! Can't wait for St Pete or Tampa!
Old 08-25-2003, 03:19 PM
Registered

GREAT JOB to EVERYONE envolved !!!! It was a fantastic event and I was glad to be back in Sarasota. Thanks to all, Dave Warden
Old 08-25-2003, 03:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

A big thankyou to the city of Sarasota,all the fans for coming out to support the racers,to mike a and crew for putting it on.Hopefully we will all return next year to make it bigger and better!! Reliable Carriers #20
Old 08-25-2003, 04:30 PM
Registered

And thanks to the weather gods for giving us such a great weekend, after 6 weeks of horrendous thunderstorms. Did not want to leave them out, have to keep them happy for next year. Whew... that was close.
Old 08-25-2003, 04:35 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Outlaw
Thanks for all your effort, it paid off. And as I said in another post, the rescue guys were off the charts. Please if you have a way.... give them my thanks. No one thinks much about those folks till you need them. Outstanding job!!!
Hope to meet up with you on the poker run this weekend.

Dan
F1 83 Screamin Eagle
Old 08-25-2003, 04:52 PM
Registered

I will pass along your gratitude at our "post race committee" meetings with the safety committee. I have heard praise upon praise for the rescue personnel in the way and incredible speed in which they responded when Allen and you rolled. Like I said, thank God you were both OK. Outlaw
Old 08-25-2003, 05:40 PM
Registered

Monday night, 6:39 p.m. I'm already starting to work on next year's race. It's official. I'm out of my mind. And isn't it fun.....

Quick Reply: THANK YOU for making SOS so GREAT...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.