Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hot Boat Weekend at Hardy Dam >

Hot Boat Weekend at Hardy Dam

Notices

Hot Boat Weekend at Hardy Dam

Old 09-08-2003, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a great time at Hardy, I got spanked by the blower guys but made them work for it. What happened to the sunsation with the twins? There was a Baha and a Power Quest that ran good (single engine 26' range). I would have liked to talk to them but I couldn't get off plane.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

My son and I got to Brower about 10:30 Sat morning and ran all day. We left about 7pm that night. Had a hard time getting lined up with people wanting to race but did manage a few. Looked all over for the Sunsation that Jim mentioned but couldn't find him either. We raced one cat that was white with purple and beat him the first time. When we went at it a second I think he might have broke something cause he just stopped after getting some air. Seemed like a lot of people were there for the party atmosphere and not to go fast.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Yeah, that 32' Sunsation with the stepped hull and blower engines was dang FAST---he's probably pushing 100mph or so. Don't feel bad JimV cuz I took a spanking from him, you, an HTM and a Skater with outboards! It was all in good fun of course and I had a blast.

We tossed an anchor out in the back portion of that cove/lagoon and stayed clear of the heavy partying. Then Steve/Tinkerboater idled in with his 34' Scarab has he tied off and rafted up to us then another little 18 footer with a 350 called "Runnin' Hot" (Bob & Sue from Chicago) and a couple they were with came over to chat and raft off with our group. We sat there and ate sandwiches and drank cold sodas for a while. There was A LOT of traffic coming through there so you had to be watching closely and if you had to do any manuvering you had to do it SLOOOOWLY or you could get into trouble in a hurry!

I never saw so many performance boats since I have been going up there! After I launched the boats just kept coming and coming! I'm sure it gets busier every year---it was a lot of fun watching all the boats and running the along the river.
I arrived at around 10:30am and was back on the trailer and headed for home by about 5:15pm or so. I didn't hear of any trouble or mishaps other than that a friend of a friend hit a under water stump and bent the skeg of one of his drives as he was running up river past the bridge. I had an enjoyable time with my friends.

Last edited by KAAMA; 09-08-2003 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:54 AM
Registered

Hey Bill

Were you able to root on it? How fast?
Old 09-08-2003, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

Yup we really ran it hard all day. Still need some tuning in the higher rpm range. Saw 102 at just over 5700. Still thinking we're going to be able to turn 6300 or so. Jim, think you're going to try to go to Alum Creek Oct. 4? Tom and i are both planning on making the trip.
Old 09-08-2003, 02:06 PM
Mad Hatter

I got spanked pretty bad by a chckmate without a deck hatch on, I'm pretty sure I heard blower whine but that might be my ego trying to regain itself. He got the jump on me and let off before i could get trimmed out, but I wasn't gonna catch'em regardless.

I had a Nordic challenge me with JimV in chase but my dear old dad was in the boat and gets freaked when I hammer on it. He's becoming a pansy in his old age, thats what happens when you've got 38 cigarette that feels like a brick going through the water.

I had several boats come flying up next to me and then back off when they saw it was a Velocity. It kinda pissed me off, the only guys that wanted to race me were boats that were way faster than me, or we got stuck in traffic. Still had a fun day though.

Old 09-08-2003, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mad Hatter,
How did the prop work out for you? Sorry I lost you in the crowd. Dwight
Old 09-08-2003, 05:01 PM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

Fights??? Crashes??? I guess I missed all of the good stuff. The cove/beach was wild and there was lots of good racing to watch. I saw Kamma and Jim V going at it as well as the SST Baja and the Skater with outboards. Lots of others too. My friend with an 80+ mph Check 251 had his coil blow up so I never got to see him surprise anybody. All in all it was a good time.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:24 PM
rws
Registered

My friend Kenny From Toledo had a Blue/White 24 Skater with Merc. 280's .Did any of you guys run Him?

Rob
Old 09-08-2003, 07:38 PM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

The one I saw like that had twin 2.5 Mercs on it. He had a pretty good looking crewmember as well. He was the one that looked to be whoopin' on most everybody. Could that be him?

Quick Reply: Hot Boat Weekend at Hardy Dam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.