Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Stupidest question asked about your boat. >

Stupidest question asked about your boat.

Notices

Stupidest question asked about your boat.

Old 09-02-2003, 06:17 PM
DEVIL MAN

I had a guy ask me why would a Cigarette company would sponsor a Racing team???? Said it was bad for the lungs!!!

Whenever anyone asks how much the boat cost....I ask the person to guess.....I get answers from $25,000 to $50,000...I don't even bother rationalizing with them...just good for a big laugh.

I tell some people that ask that the Devil goes 70 miles per hour...and have had a couple of people say that is impossible and that no boat can go that fast. Then I tell them that there are boats that are reaching close to 200 miles per hour and they just walk away insulted and shaking their heads thinking I am being a jerk!!!!

DMan

Old 09-02-2003, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Over the weekend one of my neighbors asked me if there was a place to sleep up front in the bow, or was it all motors up there???
Old 09-02-2003, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One day I had a 50-ish year-old man ask me if I had a "big block".

I said, "I have a 502."

He said, "Oh, then you don't have a big block."

I said, "What do you consider a big block?"

He said , "A 454 is a big block."

I said, "Yes, a 454 is a big block, and I have a 502."

He still didn't get it.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:18 PM
Registered

I have a Whipplecharged 502 that includes an intercooler. While the engine is running, a steady stream of water flows thru the intercooler and out a port beside my bilge pump port.

Sometimes when I am going "no wake" speed, a boater will tell me that my bilge pump is running. I just smile and say, "Yeah, it does that sometimes. Wanna race?"
Old 09-02-2003, 07:23 PM
Registered

Heard this at the dock one time. Someone asks a guy with a 30 Scarab what it had for power to which he replied "twin small blocks" Guy says "I didnt know they put smalls in panthers" Owner says "yeah its got two 330s".
Old 09-02-2003, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh yeah, I almost forgot this one, I was sitting at a town dock one day when I heard one guy say to his buddy, "those Donzi's are made in Italy, I think they are owned by Ferrari" I tried my best to stifle my laughter untill they were out of earshot, I didn't want to get into it.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:28 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Sitting in MY boat in MY driveway working on something or other one spring, neighbor kid come up the driveway on his bike (I had just moved in that winter):

Is that your boat?
Is it fast?
Do you race it?
No, why not?

Several years later, same kid, same driveway, same boat, same questions. What gives here??? I think the school system is failing this young person!!!

I cannot tell you how many times I've had to tell this rat to NOT ride his bike up my driveway between my truck and the house, the boat and the house, behind the boat, etc.... His father cannot afford to re-paint the side of my truck or boat WHEN he scratches it.

I wish I had a neighbor like the kid that Cord has living across the street from him in Milwaukee. This kid is the best wrench monkey I've ever met. And he's only 8 years old!!!! If I ever have kids (ladies, are you listening??) I want one like him!!!

'Foul
Old 09-02-2003, 07:35 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Wink

"Can you troll with it?"

" I guess that depends on what you're trolling for......"

Old 09-02-2003, 07:39 PM
Registered

Owner of the Cigarette named Fountain. Now that is a good one. I wonder how many fights could be started with that one.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:40 PM
Registered

Originally posted by DEVIL MAN
I had a guy ask me why would a Cigarette company would sponsor a Racing team???? Said it was bad for the lungs!!!

Whenever anyone asks how much the boat cost....I ask the person to guess.....I get answers from $25,000 to $50,000...I don't even bother rationalizing with them...just good for a big laugh.

I tell some people that ask that the Devil goes 70 miles per hour...and have had a couple of people say that is impossible and that no boat can go that fast. Then I tell them that there are boats that are reaching close to 200 miles per hour and they just walk away insulted and shaking their heads thinking I am being a jerk!!!!

DMan
Last time we were in Havasu I had one guy guess 100k and another 1.5 mil!!! I wished the later would have made an offer.

Quick Reply: Stupidest question asked about your boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.