George Linder back in the day >

George Linder back in the day

Notices

George Linder back in the day

Old 09-04-2003, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

T2x,

Are you familiar with Hallett's new "260AC" model that they just came out with?? The "AC" stands for Art Carlson that collaborated with Hallett for this new project. The boat is a vee-tunnel hull design. Sounds interesting, but don't know much more about it.

Hope you are having a good summer.

Stan
Old 09-04-2003, 10:45 PM
Registered

Default Georges boat Back in the Day

Attached Thumbnails George Linder back in the day-101-0106_img.jpg  

Last edited by Philip; 09-04-2003 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Caincando1
The boat in post #6 is absolutely gorgeous! No question...I'd love to own one.
Its for sale. oso member firewalker did the resto,slapped a new 300 on it and now wants a new project. It took 14 months to redo the hull and it is real sweet up close. Contact him if you are interested.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:03 AM
Registered

Man, we've got T2x, George Lindner, Steve David, Brownie, Philip, all mentioned or contributing to this thread. Was water even INVENTED when you guys first started building boats? I wish i could somehow scan and post the pictures of my father and Dick O'Dea building the old 3 Point Hydro's and motors in my fathers basement and in Dick's shop in the old "Gasoline Alley" in Paterson, NJ. Everytime I visit my parents house in NJ, usually just at holidays, I always find that old scrap book and look at the pictures. I have probably looked at that thing hundred's of times, but I always seem to find something new hidden in there somewhere. Keep the pics and captions coming guys! I LOVE the old stuff.

T2x,

Question. On the picture you posted of the Shadow cat, teh center engine looks smaller in overall size in comparison to the 2 outside engines... Is that a figment of my imagination, an old timers speed secret, or is it really smaller? And if so, why?

Thanks my outdated friend.

Last edited by Shane; 09-05-2003 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Shane, I noticed that too, the caption says2 3/4 outboards! That's wild. I have heard of using a cleaver on the center motor, like a high speed kicker, T2x can you shed any light? Thanks for another great history lesson!!!!!
Old 09-05-2003, 07:48 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by SteveDavid
T2x,

Was that Carlson the design that was a small tunnel up front that became essentially a flat bottom at the transom?
I digress, the boat wouldn't turn worth a darn and above 55 porpoised like a Boston Whaler 13 with a 65 hp Merc at last tilt pin. (You, me and a couple of really old goats (yes Brownie, that would include you as well) remember what a tilt pin was Didn't matter, we were boating, and then, that's about all that mattered...........

Glad you're well T2x, regards to Darren.

Your Mexican compatriot
Hey "dimples"........ how are ya?

To answer your question...yes that is the same hull.... However, it didn't porpoise with twins....nor did it bank in turns (obviously....even though Mr. Carlson insisted it would. There was a picture of it in Hot Boat, Powerboat's predecessor, at the time banked up on a wake...that Carlson claimed was its true turning attitude). It was very pretty, styled beautifully and neither particularly fast, nor competitive....which is a trademark of California hulls to this day..... More sizzle than steak.

Mr. David we miss ya....here in "exile".

T2x
Old 09-05-2003, 07:52 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Shane

Question. On the picture you posted of the Shadow cat, teh center engine looks smaller in overall size in comparison to the 2 outside engines... Is that a figment of my imagination, an old timers speed secret, or is it really smaller? And if so, why?

Thanks my outdated friend.
The boat pictured has two of the old t-4 300+ hp engines on the outside and a 2.4 in the middle.... three t-4's wouldn't fit or, at the very least, float very well.

The boat did fairly well out on the old west coast circuit, but I doubt if it would have lasted long against Black Duck with smaller motors(3x 2.4's) and better balance.
It was an interesting experiment however.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:44 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally posted by boat nut
T2x,

Are you familiar with Hallett's new "260AC" model that they just came out with?? The "AC" stands for Art Carlson that collaborated with Hallett for this new project. The boat is a vee-tunnel hull design. Sounds interesting, but don't know much more about it.

Hope you are having a good summer.

Stan
If it's anything like the original Carlsons...........

Is it produced in California?

T2x
Old 09-05-2003, 04:20 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Here's another old Eltro...... with a really neat natural wood finish.

T2x
Attached Thumbnails George Linder back in the day-eltro.jpg  
Old 09-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Registered

Originally posted by T2x
If it's anything like the original Carlsons...........

Is it produced in California?

T2x
T2x,

Yes, it is produced in California, at the Hallett factory. Hallett is located in Irwindale,Ca. but basically that is L.A.

Quick Reply: George Linder back in the day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.