Paid in Full!!! Where is the Boat!!!! >

Paid in Full!!! Where is the Boat!!!!

Notices

Paid in Full!!! Where is the Boat!!!!

Old 09-14-2003, 11:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Paid in Full!!! Where is the Boat!!!!

I promised my friend that I would not list the brand by name, but their name begins with a P and ends with an A, and they are from Miami. In March or April of this year my friend purchased a new 28 ft. boat and traded his boat directly with the manufacturer. He made arrangements to payoff his trade in and finance the balance of the new boat. He pays the manufacturer in full and gives them his boat with a free and clear title. They had his trade already sold to another customer, so now they have all the money!!! My friend is given a delivery date of May 15th. Not only does May come and go but the balance of our short upstate New York boating season.. Every weekend it is a diffrent excuse and a promise of "next weekend for sure". Well here we are in mid September and he still has no boat.What he does have is less cash from paying for a dock all season, less cash for paying insurance on a boat that doesn't seem to exist, and less cash from the 6 payments he has already made on his new boat.The reason for this post is that I'm trying to convince him to let my sister who is an extremely sharp attorney get involved. Do you guys know of anyone else who this company has in my opinion stolen from? Does my friend have to wait for another fool to make a deposit so that they have the cash to finish his boat? He still believes that this is just some bad luck and that they are a good company to do business with. I think they are floating on his money and who knows who elses. Help me help him see the writing on the wall. Thanks in advance for your replies!!
Old 09-14-2003, 11:41 AM
Registered

That just doesn't seem right. He's out cash and now will have a boat stamped 2003 for a 2004 season. ROBBED
Old 09-14-2003, 12:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I have read and seen through my friends.

I would never give a red penny to any boat compnay until my boat is 100% done and I test drive it period. I can only say that it's sad what happened to your friend from a SO-CALLED professional boat building company.

But from what I heard on this board it's normal to get your boat put on the back burner after spending tons of your money.

After hearing your story lets wait and see if they post a reply. Tell them you'll buy it at a 2003 price

I think there should be a Horror story section on OSO
Old 09-14-2003, 12:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have the stones to write their name but my friend asked that I don't. He also has been speaking to them almost everyday for months. I understand that there was a terrible tragedy, but this has nothing to do with him and the money he is out. Just because they are nice people doesn't give them the right to float on his 100K. My comments would only be unjust if they were not 100% true.
Old 09-14-2003, 12:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So let me get this straight he gave them 100K and they still haven't delivered on a promies? sounds like just bad buisness to me.

AS far as owning a custom built boat who cares I would never buy a boat that's not even built yet after hearing these kinds of horror stories. I'm not going to be chasing some company around while they spent my money long ago. Seems to me that if a company is established they should be able to deliver on their promises. And from what this gentleman has said This company has not so lets wait and hear the other side.
Old 09-14-2003, 12:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down

This is really not fair to make this kind of post without Pepe and Jo's side.. Pantera is the last of the real Builders around.
Old 09-14-2003, 12:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm just confused on how these companies can just take your money, promise you false hopes and keep your money and then deliver the goods much much later then promised. I have heard more false hopes and promises from people about their dealing with boat companies than I need to hear.

Does any boat building company give you in writing a Delivery date?
Or you just give them the money and wait and wait and wait
seems from I what noticed they screw who they know they can screw and get away with it. Then take care of who needs to be taken care of.

Oh and by the way I have stories about companies but choose not to air diry laundry out on a he said she said forum.
Old 09-14-2003, 12:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks for the p.m. Panteraman. Too Old. I,m not looking for an argument, but once again everyword of what I have printed is true. I agree that it wasn't smart to pay in full but that is over with. If you would like to hear it form the person himself just p.m. me and I will p.m. you his phone number. I am only trying to help him get his boat. Maybe a little fire under their ass is what they need.I do appreciate your input though.
Old 09-14-2003, 12:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

By the way, my friend also talked his buddy into buying one also and he sent 60K deposit. He is way past his delivery date and due to the company not returning his phone calls either has decided to get an attorney invoved
Old 09-14-2003, 12:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I agree delete this thread

tell your buddy to join OSO and post it himself!

Quick Reply: Paid in Full!!! Where is the Boat!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.