Notices

Key West - Words From the Mayor

Old 09-17-2003, 02:51 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by F1-00 Racing
"It is proven that Lee Mills has not paid the sanctioning dues"
Please enlighten the whole racing community, how is this fact proven? Do you have documents or evidence solidifying you comment?
I am not by any means saying he has, but this has been par for the course this year. Insurance problems in Daytona that got resolved last minute, Securing a bond(or cashiers check) in order to race in Sarasota, and the latest is that St Pete is not in stone due to monies owed from 2 years ago.
Trent,
By the same token, "Please enlighten us" as to your source for these statements you've just made. Where did you get these "facts" and where is your evidence?
Old 09-17-2003, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guy's

i will end you arguing. lee mill's himself said he did not , and will not pay the fee's.
as to mikes letter he is trying to be politically correct not bashing the other party.

don't you people understand apba is a sanctioning body just like nascar. a promoter put's on the race. if he fails we fail. if you go back in the days of nascar and even today they have the same problems.

it's called racing.

Treadwell
Old 09-17-2003, 03:09 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally posted by cigracer28/38
ALABAMA!?!?!?!? Where will they be next year, Nebraska?
LMFAO

I'm in for the titties and beer. They have a great back room in the bar with no windows!!!
Old 09-17-2003, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the information I have seen here, and this is the ONLY information I have, I have a few concerns. Once I have received answers to these concerns/questions, then and only then do I believe that I can make some informed decision. I would like to preface the following by saying, that although I have no personal first hand knowledge of the LLC and promoters, what has been reported and clearly happened thus far begins to tell its own story.

What I have seen so far is many venues being altered, moved or out right deleted. Promises made that these same items (venues) were fixed and set in stone per se, so that racers could make the appropriate arrangements. If memory serves me correctly, and I am certainly NOT wording this verbatim, the LLC and or its representatives, came on here, as well as spoke at drivers meetings, claiming that they were fixing many of the problems that have plagued this sport for years so that it can become the next great motorsport. Particularly, one of the points that were addressed was the lack of consistancy and verification of venues. If I remember correctly, the LLC and or its representatives stated that this was an issue that would be no longer. If I am mistaken please correct me. It seems that in all of the good that the LLC has done, admittedly they have a long way to go, still have some serious fundamental issues that need to be rectified before things really begin to unravel.

With the experience of the people at the controls of the LLC, I find it hard to believe that knowing all that goes in to putting on a race, especially what is arguably the single most important race of the year, Key West, that they turned a blind eye to it and left all the responsibility to assure its existence to one person without a contract. I would like to know why the LLC was not on top of this to ensure it happened, especially after last years cluster ****. It just seems to me that as much as things have changed they have remained the same.

Last edited by Shane; 09-18-2003 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:19 PM
Jan
Member "69" Charter #70
Charter Member

Default Re: Yeah Right!!!

Originally posted by hitman
This childish charade called APBA, let me get this right... Never knew Mills didnt get the permits, AND never checked with the Mayor and other high ups in KW??? Sounds about right for Mike A!!!

Great, another new member with APBA bashing on their 2nd post and a blank profile.

If you are going to slam someone don't hide.

Jan
Old 09-17-2003, 04:09 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Treadwellmotorsports
guy's

i will end you arguing. lee mill's himself said he did not , and will not pay the fee's.
According to another OSO poster that talked to Lee Mills, he did pay the sanction fee:

Originally posted by Dredgeking
i just got off the phone with lee mills. he said i could post info on what we discussed. i don't want to be in the middle, but here are a few non-confrontational statements from the conversation.

1) lee said that he has paid the sanction fee. there is more to this that i don't want to go into.
(Quoted from the last post onthis page)
Old 09-17-2003, 04:28 PM
Registered

Default Re: Re: Yeah Right!!!

Originally posted by Jan
Great, another new member with APBA bashing on their 2nd post and a blank profile.

If you are going to slam someone don't hide.

Jan
It must be little reggie!
Old 09-17-2003, 04:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by Too Old
The LLC must still be the best game in town. They draw the racers.
And that's exactly what incites so much anger from the competition. They just can't stand it...so they bash.

Old 09-17-2003, 04:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default The latest:

Subject: RE: RE: RE: APBA World Championships, November 2003
Author: "Jimmy Weekley" <SMTP:[email protected]>
Date: 9/17/2003 1:07 PM

Nick,
I heard from the Navy today and they are waiting for some direction from Charleston and the contractors that are working on the outer mole. It appears if Lee will pay for the use of the pier than the Navy may consider his request. But the fact still remains that he has not approached the City for any kind of permits.
Jimmy
Old 09-17-2003, 05:12 PM
Brian_Reynolds

Originally posted by ChrisK
How is mike telling an "untruth"? It is proven that Lee Mills has not paid the sanctioning dues, and as it looks has also not gotten the proper permits. I see no wrong doing on APBA's part, only mr Mills'.
Last I knew, ONLY the LLC legally can schedule and request an APBA offshore event (at least according to their LLC Contract with the APBA, which is now in litigation I understand).
I believe this means that the Sanction Fee must be submitted AND paid to APBA Headquarters by ONLY the LLC. I don't believe Mr. Lee Mills is on the LLC's BOD or even an officer of the organization. So "HE" (Mr. Mills) personally can not "pay" a APBA Sanction to APBA. It must come from an APBA approved club or entity (such as the LLC) in order for ABPA to Sanction it. And I find it hard to believe that the LLC, with or without Mr. Mills financial committments, did not have the funds readily available in their account to pay for the APBA sanction anyway.

I'd have to say Allweiss dropped the ball on this one big time! He obviously ordered HIS LLC Promotions people to build up the hype & Promotion surrounding the event, plus he & Lee Mills made & recieved financial committments as well as domestic & international participation committments. All while knowing there was NOT YET ANY approved APBA sanction being made, submitted or paid for by the LLC (who is, as I said, I believe the ONLY Offshore type of entity that I believe the APBA will approve a offshore race for).
Plus the LLC knowing that no Coast Guard permit was not yet submitted for the Hydroplane guys to be able to even be "allowed" to race in the Mole (but yet allowing the LLC to promise them a race anyhow) just adds more salt in the wound.
None of this is a good thing to do for the sport overall OR for the sponsors (present OR future).

I'm sure the UIM Org. (as well as the various International teams who've committed to the event from afar) does not have a warm fuzzy feeling now about Mike Allweiss and the LLC. And trust me, the UIM could care less who Lee Mills is. HE does not run the race, the LLC does. It wouldn't surprise me if the UIM does not now accept any of the final tabulated winners of the race (if/when the race even happens). Hopefully this little crisis won't put a blemish on ALL of APBA in the UIM's eye's.
I don't think most of you understand or realize the implications & seriousness that this dilemma potentially has or could cause down the road for ALL of APBA racing.

ANY RACE CHAIRMAN OR COORDINATOR KNOWS THAT YOU JUST DON'T DO ANY OF THE THINGS THAT WERE DONE OR PROMISED WITHOUT A FIRMED UP SANCTION BEING PAID AND APPROVED OF FIRST!! SPECIALLY WHEN THE INTERNATIONAL RACING WORLD IS INVOLVED!!

I feel for you guys as well as the Stock Outboard Hydro guys...

Brian

Quick Reply: Key West - Words From the Mayor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.