Notices

Poor Donzi

Old 09-20-2003, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hold on I saw a ford taurus flip after hitting the wall in turn 3 on some nascar race , I better sell mine
the kids are gonna have to walk to school now
wonder how Ford can still sell em when they flip when making a turn????

Matty
now the pinto was a whole different story!!!
Old 09-20-2003, 09:34 PM
Registered

The facts are the facts and powerboat does not endorse any boat only reports and all brands are fair game this is news not a deflamation. If you follow the sport do you think this should be un reported? Those are awesome pictures thank god no injuries and I do not think any less of the brand because racing is racing!
Old 09-20-2003, 09:47 PM
Registered

Mr OS,
The only way for the sport to gain popularity is for people to bring boats and money to it. I still have never seen a prime time Sunday race! Granted because you have cash you should not necessarily be racing but you cannot discriminate based on cash. The more people involved means more publicity and eventual prime time.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:20 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Fred would purposely roll his Donzi so he could thoughly polish the bottom!!!

How's the Sutphen Fred?
Old 09-20-2003, 10:56 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,717 Likes on 3,788 Posts

Well for those that want the whole story , ask "Just Browsing" here on the board he is the owner/driver,
the boat did not simply roll over in flat water while on a sunday cruise, this is RACING, accidents happen. The boat was completely redone, and everything worked perfect during first test back in the water. if you go to a APBA race go to the Donzi Pit you will see first hand that this is a well built boat. And the first race back Team Fisher took 3rd place in Savannah.
Old 09-21-2003, 09:49 AM
Registered

I agree that the pictures are something that is certainly going to happen in racing. I also think that the Donzi is a boat that I would love to own and certainly can't afford. I also believe that the person that buys one of these is certainly not the average jackass off the street that is going to get scared by an upside down race boat. All that said and done, there is certainly a negative stigma that may be psychologically associated with this upside down boat. Look at every major airline. The go-team that is set for any major accident always carries tape/spray-paint to cover all airline marking the minute they arrive on site. No insensitivity, etc. - they just know that human nature automatically associates what their eyes see with what their eyes see. No matter what the actual cause. So in my conclusion - Donzi headquarters is probably not happy.
Old 09-21-2003, 09:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Poor and Donzi 2 words that don't go well together anyway
Old 09-21-2003, 10:05 AM
Registered

Originally posted by CAP071
Poor and Donzi 2 words that don't go well together anyway
Amen to that!
Old 09-21-2003, 12:16 PM
Registered

this is what makes powerboat a great mag. the photos rule. no other mag even comes close.
Old 09-21-2003, 12:38 PM
Registered

I didn't see it as a negative at all...be it boat failure/flaw driver/throttleman error equipt failure,wrong set-up , that kinda stuff is bound to and will happen to anyone who is always pushing things to the edge. It is kinda good to see that Powerboat didn't choose not to print those pics for fear of negative feedback from a company that I am sure carries adds in thier mag.

by the way that was calm water...

Last edited by NASTY HABIT; 09-21-2003 at 12:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Poor Donzi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.