Notices

Lake George OSO'ers

Old 10-04-2003, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shane, Where do you thinka good place would be to start??

I would like to make the run go around the whole lake and would like to stop at the Boathouse, the View and the Algonquin.

Im thinking we meet at the Algonquin at 12:00

Leave the A around 1;00pm
Head north to the end of the lake and then back to the View for a stop plan on leaving from there around 300-330pm
Head down the lake to the south basin and back up to the Boathouse until around 530pm then back to my house for a party/cookout

Another option if the weather is co-operative is a big lunch cookout on an island instead of the The View

What do you think of it so far ??
Old 10-05-2003, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob,

If ample dockage is avcailable, definitely a cook out on the islands. I will have to leave early for teh concert but be back again on Sunday or actually LATE Saturday night. Feel free to have people dock at my house if needed. Leave from the A at 10 or 11, head to Ti and then to an Island around 1 for lunch. Then around 3 head south to the village and to the Boathouse. What do you need from me?

Call me this week or if you are working come by the Niskayuna house.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

My 2 cents (and damn well worth it ) Leaving from the Algonquin is a great idea but I think noon is early enough this time of year. It will likely be pretty cool in the morning (and not all of us even OWN snowmobile suits - or want to. Plus, some of us will be towing up and it would be nice to not get up at 5 AM just to make it in time.
The view has limited dock space so how well that would work would depend on number of participants I guess which will in turn depend in great degree on the weather which, at this point, looks promising. I suggest that a lot of stops is not necessary and that it might be more convenient to pick a spot on the lake to congregate such as Black Mountain point where we could swap stories and maybe rides. A cookout is a good idea in fair weather but requires a lot of planning and work to pull together and it may not be very warm and cozy out on the lake.

Just my first impressions . . .
Now that is value for your money.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:31 PM
Registered

What do you think we are doing Shane?? Going canoeing ?? The Lake is only 32 miles long. How long do you think it would take to do this whole run the way Tantrum and the boys like to run ??

I agree that a picinic is a lot of work, but I would love to stop at either an Island or Tie up in Paradise Bay for a boat soda and some snacks and shoot the bull.

Laster, I take it your coming for the get together ??
Old 10-06-2003, 07:40 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

We are planning to come up for Saturday-Sunday. We will probably have another couple (in their own boat) with us as well. Hope the weather cooperates.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:08 AM
Registered

Okay, then how baout everybody brings their own sandwiches and cooler and we stop at like Black Mtn. Point or so and do what Laster said, share rides etc.? I am down with dat! Oh, BTW, I get the spot on my dock with the mooring whips! We can tie people across the back and on the South side as the PWC's and lifts are out of the water.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:20 PM
Registered

See everyone at the Algonquin around noon

518 361-0811 644-9115

Some one please bring a camera for lots of photos

The weather is going to be perfect
Old 10-10-2003, 05:53 AM
Registered

What's on tap for Sunday? I'll be up EARLY Saturday morning, I am available if anyone needs anything as well.

Shane
Old 10-10-2003, 11:38 AM
Registered

who knows, we will see what Sat evening brings first !!
Old 10-10-2003, 12:42 PM
Registered

Lots of asprin

Quick Reply: Lake George OSO'ers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.