Like Tree0Likes

PEACE among OSO member PLEASE!

Reply
Old 09-28-2003, 11:39 AM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Niskayuna, NY
My Boats: 2009 FORMULA 292
Posts: 5,543
Lightbulb PEACE among OSO member PLEASE!

I have been reflecting last night and this morning as I work on my snowmobile in my garage on this CHITTY Sunday. As most of you know I personally enjoy debating topics of interest. If for nothing more than the intellectually stimulating nature of them. However, the recent threads about APBA, Lee Mills, The LLC, etc have really got me thinking. I know it was said several times but I felt strongly enough about it that I believe this thought deserves its own thread.

Although we all have differing opinions, we must maintain focus on our objective. And that is to make Offshore Racing better each season. It is certainly easy for anyone (myself included) to Monday morning quarterback anything, especially when we have no monetary interest at stake. That being said, I want to go on record and state specifically that I hope we can continue to discuss this and other important topics effecting our sport. Whether we are racers, fans, owners, former racers, sponsors or any combination of the above, we must work together. That does not mean we should not question the actions of anyone at any time. If there is a legitimate reason to question someone's actions or lack thereof feel free to do so. But, keep in mind we need to do it in a respectful manner. I admit, in the past I have not always practiced what I am preaching and I will have to live with that. On the particular topic of APBA/Lee Mills however, I have always been respectful. However, that does not mean I or we, cannot make a concerted effort to more respectful and debate/discuss these things maturly and repstfully. Keep in mind we will never always agree. If we did the world would be a very boring place. Unfortuantely, however, because we are so passionate about our sport our emotions tend to get the best of us. I am just as guilty in this department. I am/will continue to do my best. This does not meant however, that if you get screwed by someone that you don't share it. By all means, lay it on the table for all of us to learn from. Let's try to all work together to further the sport, and when do not agree, that is okay and healthy and it surely does not mean that we cannot share a drink or two and still be friends.

Cheers to all and safe racing.
Shane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 12:19 PM
  #2
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: New York, NY - Manhattan BABY!
Posts: 1,296
Default

Your posts of late are TOO LONG for me to finish (I bet no one ever accused you of being too long before, ). Please forward me the abridged versions from now on so I don't hurt my eyes reading!!!
Miller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 12:48 PM
  #3
Allan4
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

IMHO, the best way to improve the sport is to get everyone on the same page and take a single minded approach to improvement and longevity. You can't have everyone going 30 different directions and expect steady growth and improvement. As well, the sport needs to be more fan freindly....many ways to accomplish this. One of them is to not cancel scheduled races. Fans do not like uncertainty when planning a $2k trip to see an event.


Just my .02. Open to interpretation, ofcourse
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 01:08 PM
  #4
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
CAP071's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 16,430
Default

Soon as you said SNOW you lost my interest!
CAP071 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 01:10 PM
  #5
ModMachine
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hows your dad doing Shane?
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 03:29 PM
  #6
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member
 
Hot Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: PUTNAM VALLEY, Hudson River Valley
My Boats: 28 Scarab, Blown 850+ Hp
Posts: 1,419
Default Re: PEACE among OSO member PLEASE!

Quote:
Originally posted by Shane
I have been reflecting last night and this morning as I work on my snowmobile in my garage on this CHITTY Sunday. As most of you know I personally enjoy debating topics of interest. If for nothing more than the intellectually stimulating nature of them. However, the recent threads about APBA, Lee Mills, The LLC, etc have really got me thinking. I know it was said several times but I felt strongly enough about it that I believe this thought deserves its own thread.

Although we all have differing opinions, we must maintain focus on our objective. And that is to make Offshore Racing better each season. It is certainly easy for anyone (myself included) to Monday morning quarterback anything, especially when we have no monetary interest at stake. That being said, I want to go on record and state specifically that I hope we can continue to discuss this and other important topics effecting our sport. Whether we are racers, fans, owners, former racers, sponsors or any combination of the above, we must work together. That does not mean we should not question the actions of anyone at any time. If there is a legitimate reason to question someone's actions or lack thereof feel free to do so. But, keep in mind we need to do it in a respectful manner. I admit, in the past I have not always practiced what I am preaching and I will have to live with that. On the particular topic of APBA/Lee Mills however, I have always been respectful. However, that does not mean I or we, cannot make a concerted effort to more respectful and debate/discuss these things maturly and repstfully. Keep in mind we will never always agree. If we did the world would be a very boring place. Unfortuantely, however, because we are so passionate about our sport our emotions tend to get the best of us. I am just as guilty in this department. I am/will continue to do my best. This does not meant however, that if you get screwed by someone that you don't share it. By all means, lay it on the table for all of us to learn from. Let's try to all work together to further the sport, and when do not agree, that is okay and healthy and it surely does not mean that we cannot share a drink or two and still be friends.

Cheers to all and safe racing.






Shane so what you saying is


" Blaa BaBla ba ba ...bla ....bla .....bla Bla..... Bla Bla .... Bla Bla...... Bla..... Blablbbla....Bla Bla Bla .... bla...blablabbla .....bla bla bla bla bal Bla Bla.... bla Bla Bla ...Bla ..... Bla Bla .... BLa abL dabel cabable ... baalaai... Bla ...Bllllaaabala Blu bolaba , Ba Ba Booey, Ba Ba Booey, Ba Ba Booey"



If anyone wants my opinion on this matter Please fee free to give me a call rather than waste space on the OSO server.



sorry Shane I had to , LOL
__________________
If it aint broke .... I can break it....

Last edited by Hot Boat; 09-28-2003 at 03:32 PM.
Hot Boat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 04:47 PM
  #7
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Niskayuna, NY
My Boats: 2009 FORMULA 292
Posts: 5,543
Default Re: Re: PEACE among OSO member PLEASE!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hot Boat
Shane so what you saying is


" Blaa BaBla ba ba ...bla ....bla .....bla Bla..... Bla Bla .... Bla Bla...... Bla..... Blablbbla....Bla Bla Bla .... bla...blablabbla .....bla bla bla bla bal Bla Bla.... bla Bla Bla ...Bla ..... Bla Bla .... BLa abL dabel cabable ... baalaai... Bla ...Bllllaaabala Blu bolaba , Ba Ba Booey, Ba Ba Booey, Ba Ba Booey"



If anyone wants my opinion on this matter Please fee free to give me a call rather than waste space on the OSO server.



sorry Shane I had to , LOL
bababaBOOEY!
Shane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 04:47 PM
  #8
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Niskayuna, NY
My Boats: 2009 FORMULA 292
Posts: 5,543
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by ModMachine
Hows your dad doing Shane?
MUCH MUCH better THANKS!
Shane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 08:41 PM
  #9
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Albany NY
My Boats: 54' Searay, 31' Rinker, 12' AB Inflatible CC
Posts: 5,180
Default

Hey Paul, Thats about all he ever says anyways Isnt it ??? He just takes much longer to say it than me or you lmao

Bob
otis311 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 09:01 PM
  #10
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Niskayuna, NY
My Boats: 2009 FORMULA 292
Posts: 5,543
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by OTIS311
Hey Paul, Thats about all he ever says anyways Isnt it ??? He just takes much longer to say it than me or you lmao

Bob
Shane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
WILD 1
General Boating Discussion
4
06-11-2007 01:30 PM
Codered
General Boating Discussion
9
03-09-2006 07:54 AM
buck183
General Boating Discussion
15
09-05-2003 08:50 AM
gdfatha
General Boating Discussion
3
01-20-2003 08:29 AM
RNH
Formula
11
10-21-2002 11:49 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.