Notices

About Baseball...

Old 10-09-2003, 08:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I have been to an NBA game...once. Not exactly as boring as baseball, but definitely a very close second.
I hate basketball too, I'm not just singling out baseball.

Chris 232 - I'm exactly the opposite on hockey. I love to play, and love going to games, but I'm not real big on watching it on TV.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by rainmn

Chris 232 - I'm exactly the opposite on hockey. I love to play, and love going to games, but I'm not real big on watching it on TV.
I agree w/ you,,,, I'd much rather be AT the game than watch it on TV.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:19 AM
Banned

Baseball is a sport we grew up with. It's not like now days where everything is virtual reality. We would play baseball in the streets and yards all summer from sunup until the streetlights came on. It is something that gets in you soul. If you never played or watched a lot, many of the subtle nuances of the game will escape you (unless Tim McCarver is announcing the game).

The best description I've ever heard was from Bob Costas when comparing it to the NFL. He said baseball is like a puppy you love, and the NFL is like a greyhound, fast and exciting.

As far as hockey, I grew up here in the south where the land is flat and the lakes don't freeze!

I never cared much for hockey until I went to a game. It is a whole different game when viewed live.

There are only two sports that I think you have to be at to appreciate. One is hockey, the other is Nascar. I can't force myself to watch either on tv. The rest of the sports are best viewed from my recliner.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:29 AM
Registered

Originally posted by rainmn
Seriously, no offense to you fans, but baseball has to be the hands-down most boring sport in the world. I've tried, but I still can't see how people can watch it on TV. I can't make it through 5 minutes.
Baseball is three minutes of action "crammed" into a three hour game!
Old 10-09-2003, 10:30 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Troutly
Baseball has always been the sport of the Statistician. More stats kept and bantered about in baseball then most any other sport.
That is because they need filler btwn when stuff actually happens
Old 10-09-2003, 10:30 AM
Registered

Name a sport where the offense never touches the ball...

Baseball!
Old 10-09-2003, 10:34 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

I CANT STAND watching sports but love to play them.......if it doesnt have an engine in it, it wont keep my interest more then 2 minutes!.....and the most boreing "sport" to watch....has to be golf! Man they need to somehow spice things up...how about monster golf carts with custom paint jobs and sponsor stickers to get around with and bikini clad flag girls on the greens!? I'd be glued to the TV every tournament!!! LOL

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!