Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTT
Old 10-22-2003, 11:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

29 Scarab,

Check with Custom Sprayed On Liners here in Houston. The phone # is 713-783-5884. They have a real good dealer program. You could start out selling and using their facilities for the installations. As you build your business, they can help you set up your own. Good Luck!
Old 10-23-2003, 06:17 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks scarabfan!!
I'll get my partner to stop by and talk with them!!

Damn,,
Old 10-23-2003, 06:20 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks scarabfan!!

I'll have my partner stop by and talk with them!!

Thanks again!
Old 01-10-2004, 09:12 AM
Registered

Not a question about starting a business but has anyone had a bedliner sprayed in in the south east Michigan area? From reading this thread i think i'll go with the hot/high pressure method, i just need to find someone who does a good job. Thanks.
Old 01-10-2004, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by Too Old
Can you make any money doing liners?
You can make money. Don't know about getting rich. But you can make a living off of it.

Spraying liners is actually my secondary income. I make my living off of the Truck Accessory store. The polyurethane business is my play money. But it is a fair amount of play money for me.

Buck
Old 01-10-2004, 11:38 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I just had my bed Line X'd and I'm very pleased. My Line X guy tinted windows , had inhouse vinyl graphics and all the accessories / chips for trucks. BH
Old 01-11-2004, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting thread. Don't know how I missed it first time around. Buck, your knowledge of the material is right on. I have heard it first hand from my brother. He owns the northeast North Carolina Line-X franchise. I have heard him say many times that "preparation is key". I guess his work ethic is one reason his business has grown the way it has. Interestingly enough his shop is located at the Truck Accessory Center in Moyock, which is on the main drag from Hampton Roads to the Outer Banks. They average spraying scores of trucks every week. But that is not where he makes the big bucks.

He bought a mobile unit for spraying decks, restaurant floors, pretty much anything....even boats. He has even sprayed the walking surface of a submarine for the Navy. He sprayed one of my outdoor (second floor) decks that was leaking and it turned out great. I helped him do the prep work so I have first hand experience in that area.

He hired people to run his shop so he could concentrate on spraying decks. From word of mouth and getting to know the local contractors, he now stays busy spraying decks on houses in the Outer Banks. Very expensive houses! He is making a very good living.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone told me that they were considering having their garage floor sprayed instead of using epoxy coating.

Any thoughts on that?
Old 01-11-2004, 10:20 PM
Registered

Is there a specific manufacturer that makes the equipment and who would that be.

Macklin, when you say your brother sprays the decks, is it a clear or is he spraying the same type of material that is in the truck beds?

Quick Reply: O.T. Spray in bedliner business....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.