Notices

Hyper.. THINK ABOUT IT

Old 11-16-2003, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, everyone was right, something did happen last night. I will be getting a lawyer, trying to get everything reduced. But NEED to sell my truck, I figure at 18, everything is wiped off, insurance wont check my record if I dont have insurance. No felonys, no one was killed, no property damage.
Old 11-16-2003, 12:52 PM
MavFlyBy

What happened?

Old 11-16-2003, 12:53 PM
Registered

Way to many stupid things. I am probably looking at a suspension of 6 mos or until I am 18.
Old 11-16-2003, 04:53 PM
Registered

Was it a DWI?
Old 11-16-2003, 05:05 PM
Registered

If MOST people would know the rules of the Road, we would not have any problems.

KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TOO PASS

I wish cops would enforce this law.

Or impeding the flow of traffic.

Last edited by eMotiondriver; 11-16-2003 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-16-2003, 05:29 PM
Registered

emotion, I am the same way, use signals, and keep to the right.

st31, what if it was, what would eeryone reccomend?

Not saying it is.
Old 11-16-2003, 05:41 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Get a good lawyer. Interview them. Ask about prior cases. Get references. Its hard to find a good one.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:17 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Troutly
Germans seem to do it right with their modern system. MUCH better education in the schools... [/COLOR]
I work as a consultant for a large German automaker, and I deal with these issues all the time.

Some German data.

Less that 7000 people died in a car last year. Statistically, you are as likely of having a deadly accident in a car as at home or during sports (amazing, but true ...)

The majority of accidents with injured or dead happen in cities (65%). Rural highways: 29%. Autobahn: 7%

The overall trend of fatal accidents is way down despite record car density. Many reasons, most of all technology: Safer cars, airbags, ABS, EDS etc. Also harsh enforcement of DUI

But, fatalities amongst young people who just received their drivers license way up. Big problem. Traffic education has no measurable effect. Making the drivers license harder and harder had none either.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:28 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Peconic
But, fatalities amongst young people who just received their drivers license way up. Big problem. Traffic education has no measurable effect. Making the drivers license harder and harder had none either.
Most kids who drive fast already, are going to drive fast anyway. Pushing the license back to 18 wont do anything either in my opinion. Yes I am sure fatalities are higher for drivers 16, 17 than 18, 19, but then again, 2 more years of experience. Pushing the age back is just going to make kids more egar to drive fast.
Old 11-16-2003, 07:50 PM
Registered

Tommy,

What happened? I have been off the board lately. Did you get a bike? BMW? What sparked this post? Hope you survived whatever happened o.k. Channel all this energy to boats man!!! Sounds like you have the support from the parents for a marine career...don't jeopardize that. PM me if you don't want it public.

Matt

Quick Reply: Hyper.. THINK ABOUT IT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.