Like Tree0Likes

OT - Camaro Project

Old 11-18-2003, 08:15 PM
Registered

excllent cars; specially 69 , i love the front of this car...
Old 11-19-2003, 01:18 PM
Lynch Mob Racing
Platinum Member

My Boats: 39' Cigarette Top Gun, Donzi 22 Classic, 36 Yellowfin

Hey Harry. That COPO camaro is sweet! We have a 1969 corvette with the 427, so I can certainly imagine how much fun that engine would be in a camaro! Last time I was up there at the shop, you had (if I remember correctly) a 1967 427 vette. Is it still there? That was another SWEET car!

JohnJan: It certainly looks like you are on the right track. If it makes you feel any better, it took me 5 years to get my car this far. Any more pictures of your project?

Anybody else with project pictures? Let's see them. It's gonna be a long winter!
Old 11-20-2003, 06:38 PM
Registered

Default still have the vette

I still have the 67 vette 427/435
Old 11-21-2003, 11:27 PM
Registered

My Boats: Cigarette

Sweet cars!!! Here's mine 68 ss Street/Race car , original got out of hand. I street raced and defeated a guy who was 10 years undefeated, after that no one would race me so I went to the track and bracket raced no thrill there what part of one on one money and pride heads up flash light start and make the call. that's what it was for me. the guy I beat was in to boating he was into flat bottom big block speed boat over 120mph, he took him and 2 others with him on a tragic day!!!
my car did mid 9's on the street. my street racing was done late at night with on a 4 lane high way guys would trailer their cars to race those where the days!!! know its been garaged My love is for the water look for it in the classifieds!!!
Attached Thumbnails
OT - Camaro Project-scan0001-camaro-1.jpg  

Last edited by Rforsey; 11-21-2003 at 11:30 PM.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:32 PM
Registered

heres more..
Attached Thumbnails
OT - Camaro Project-scan0003camaro-2.jpg  
Old 11-21-2003, 11:34 PM
Registered

Attached Thumbnails
OT - Camaro Project-scan0006-camaro-3.jpg  
Old 11-21-2003, 11:42 PM
Registered

Last one.. Kell and I both love speed now it is on the water, we won't race with the little guys on board but they love to go fast .
Attached Thumbnails
OT - Camaro Project-scan0007camaro-4.jpg  

Last edited by Rforsey; 11-21-2003 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-22-2003, 12:54 AM
Lynch Mob Racing
Platinum Member

My Boats: 39' Cigarette Top Gun, Donzi 22 Classic, 36 Yellowfin

9 seconds! That is a QUICK street car! I was thrilled when mine finally busted into the 12's, but 9....wow.

My car's best moment was on the street vs a guy with an honest 10 second car. He gave us 2 and a wiggle to get us to run him. To make a long story short, he threw a rod while trying to run us down. A month later he wanted to try again, but only gave us 1 car length and the wiggle. As he started to come up along side us, his car died again with a tranny or rear end problem. He had a really nice and well built car, but it just wasn't his day on either occasion. I guess it is sometimes better to be lucky than good. Now, if only we were running for money and not for fun!

Anyhow, the days of running down a track are gone for my camaro. I guess you could say that it has retired to the lazy days of cruising and possibly an occasional show. As for street racing, we are either getting old or we finally wised up and realized how stupid it was. We use to run cars well outside of town on a dual lane highway as well, but those days are long gone!
Old 11-22-2003, 01:55 AM
Registered

Hot Duck...

Awesome, let me tell you about a similar story, a wannabe guy from my home town came down to the streets where I used to race trailed his car GT mustang on the bottle and wanted to run all the small block cars for money and wouldn't let up on them in the lot.. finally I had enough so I said to him in front of everybody unload it and I will spot you 5 cars for a hundred get off the small block kick. Someone in the crowd yelled out the small block vega will take that bet, I said lets do it the only way the race was started was with a tow truck caution two flasher's I beat the car by a nose the kid ended up to be a really good friend ... it drove me crazy all week why I couldn't catch this car sooner I check where I was supposed to start at the black pole, come to find out it was a street light that was out where I stared at the pole 3 cars out I never told anyone because he was so proud to be with in five cars you are so right those were the days......
Old 11-22-2003, 07:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 40 Fountain Lightning

Here's a 68 SS I completed last year. Was undecided between Hugger Orange and Black. You can see which way I decided.
Attached Thumbnails
OT - Camaro Project-scan0005.jpg