Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Baja's heading up the ladder >

Baja's heading up the ladder

Notices

Baja's heading up the ladder

Old 11-20-2003, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

A 1995 32' baja handed me my ass while i was in my 1999 33 scarab. I personally respect the baja's. bold lines on some of them, and my old 290 never broke down and left me calling sea tow. As for the scarab hell thats another story.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:11 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by bajalion
Well it's not taking long to put 2 and 2 together.

So DaveN is the same guy that Doc Holiday told a very nice story on OSO and was shocked that he lost the dealership for "no apparent reason"

After a comment as per the above its obvious.

Daven, I've made a lot of expensive boats look silly with my entry level pontoon boat. Bring up your choice of $70k boats and come play with me in 5' waves.

Sorry Doc and vagrant but this guy will probably loose his Sonic dealership too.
Lion,

Bad judgement on my part.

I guess the true DaveN is showing now.

I wish him luck, but he will never get any more of my money!
Old 11-20-2003, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by CustomRigger101
three people in teh world that always have the best.. Dodge truck owners.. doesn't matter you can show them in the books that there truck doesn't tow the most under warrenty.. second person.. anyone that has AOL.. the best and always will be the best.. third person.. someone that owns a Baja.. just read this post.
That may be the most off the wall comparison I have ever seen on here. How on earth did we go from bashing boats, to bashing trucks to bashing AOL users.
The point of this thread all revolves back to dealers and customer service.

Since you so freely throw your prejudices around I am an entry level boat owner. The next boat I am looking for isn't an entry level boat. As a matter of face YOU are a dealer for the boat I am looking for. That has to be the best marketing technique I have ever seen. Go to a thread where people are upset with a dealer for bashing a boat they enjoy, then stupidly bash the same boat again.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doc,

As you know I try to never fire the first shot. I love boating of all sorts every boat has redeeming qualities. I've always been a bang-for-the-buck kind of guy who loves wenching on boats.

I'm also known to talk to about anyone and love to give rides if I even remotely know you. If you need help I love to give it.

I even think the "other" guys who come to the Baja board and bash us is kind of fun. A lot just good spirit.

People like DaveN are just sour people who like to look down their nose at people just flat out tick of my hillbilly-Pennsylvania track housing raised butt.

Last edited by bajalion; 11-20-2003 at 09:42 PM.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:02 PM
Mr. Demeanor

Not much experience but a friend has a 38 Special and Ive been looking at them as a possible next boat. Almost every one of them has a headliner in the cabin that has fallen and Baja wont fix them (again, according to my friend). Thats pretty crappy and sends me a signal as a prospective future customer.

Old 11-20-2003, 11:47 PM
Registered

Personally, I think everyone is WAY too sensitive. As a Checkmate owner, I have seen MANY negative (and often truthful posts) about my boat. I will be the first to admit its' weaknesses. But honestly, other than the pontoon analogy I don't know how anyone can really fault someone for expressing their OPINION on the boat in question. There is a big difference between someone saying a boat is entry level and someone blatantly calling someting a worthless piece of junk. How is the statement "entry level" so offensive? IT IS THE TRUTH. If someone called my (recently sold) Corvette "entry level" compared to a Ferrari - IT IS. They aren't bashing it. If I was new to this board and didn't know a thing about boats, and wanted to buy a high end boat to smash through HUGE waves in the Long Island Sound, the last thing I'd want is someone's advice that a Baja or Checkmate is the strongest and greatest boat ever created. They aren't and it's the wrong application for either of them. This board is supposed to be informative - so why doesn't everyone let it be and not take every item to be a personal bash (pontoon comment excepted).

So anyway, back to perhaps a boat that will crush the HUGE waves, the NEW 399. What do we know about it?

Last edited by JROMY; 11-20-2003 at 11:52 PM.
Old 11-21-2003, 09:13 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Lonestar38zx
That may be the most off the wall comparison I have ever seen on here. How on earth did we go from bashing boats, to bashing trucks to bashing AOL users.
The point of this thread all revolves back to dealers and customer service.

Since you so freely throw your prejudices around I am an entry level boat owner. The next boat I am looking for isn't an entry level boat. As a matter of face YOU are a dealer for the boat I am looking for. That has to be the best marketing technique I have ever seen. Go to a thread where people are upset with a dealer for bashing a boat they enjoy, then stupidly bash the same boat again.
bro i never sad they where bad product.. all i said is that the people that own them injoy them more than most.. that's all
Old 11-21-2003, 09:24 AM
Registered

Originally posted by JROMY
Personally, I think everyone is WAY too sensitive. As a Checkmate owner, I have seen MANY negative (and often truthful posts) about my boat. I will be the first to admit its' weaknesses. But honestly, other than the pontoon analogy I don't know how anyone can really fault someone for expressing their OPINION on the boat in question. There is a big difference between someone saying a boat is entry level and someone blatantly calling someting a worthless piece of junk. How is the statement "entry level" so offensive? IT IS THE TRUTH. If someone called my (recently sold) Corvette "entry level" compared to a Ferrari - IT IS. They aren't bashing it. If I was new to this board and didn't know a thing about boats, and wanted to buy a high end boat to smash through HUGE waves in the Long Island Sound, the last thing I'd want is someone's advice that a Baja or Checkmate is the strongest and greatest boat ever created. They aren't and it's the wrong application for either of them. This board is supposed to be informative - so why doesn't everyone let it be and not take every item to be a personal bash (pontoon comment excepted).
Well put, I agree.
Old 11-21-2003, 09:26 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Dock Holiday
now let me start the post just by saying this is just something that i've noiced.. that's all

POWERBOAT SALESMAN will tell you what ever you want to hear to make a dollar. The product they sell is always the best.
bro i've worked on Baja, ran baja, and have bajas to sell.. i personal don't think there's anything wrong with the boats.. if you read the post i never said and of the three product are bad or good.. all i'm saying is that the people that own those products really seem to enjoy them more than post.. that's all.. what ever marketing they did on those products is very good because they have fierce following to them.. all three a very reputable companies to do buss with..
Old 11-21-2003, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 339 Likes on 118 Posts

Well said Jromy. Having owned two of them myself, if Baja isn't an entry level Performance Boat, then I don't know what is. And that's not a slam against Baja, it's just a fact.... errr....... an opinion.

Quick Reply: Baja's heading up the ladder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.