Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Things people do on your boat that piss you off >

Things people do on your boat that piss you off

Notices

Things people do on your boat that piss you off

Old 11-27-2003, 07:42 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2 things not mentioned that piss me off are emptying drinks on side of my boat and pwc's hitting my swim platform even worse when they come from the boat next to me.
Old 11-27-2003, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's it. Landlubbers should not be allowed within one hundred feet of the shore or ten feet from the edge of a dock, and never ever on the water.
Old 11-27-2003, 07:54 AM
Registered

Yes, boating with boaters is the best. Nothing better than to have someone jump for lines, anchor, or fenders before asked because they KNOW it needs to be done. I just tell land lubbers to sit down and not get in the way while docking. I don't blame them, I feel sorry for them not ever having owned a boat and all. I started driving a boat when i was 7 and on my own at 12 after I took a course. Where I learned was from my dad, stay away from other boats, stay away from the docks and shore unless off plane, don't make a wake at any time close to shore, docks and all. Stay in the middle of the river so the wake dies before shore. This is common courtesy pure and simple, not rules (well some are now) and it is respect for others, something I have a huge amount of and when it comes to other peoples boats, house, auto I treat it like it was mine which in most cases is way better than they treat it themselves.
Old 11-27-2003, 08:00 AM
Registered

People who either ask to smoke or are smoking as they walk across my boat to another. Pisses me off and I definitly let them know it.
Old 11-27-2003, 08:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Here are mine ....

1. Smoking, what REALLY pisses me off is people who throw their butts in the water. Why is this exceptable for people to throw butts in the water or out their car window? If you unwrapped a piece of gum would you throw the wrapper in the water? So why cigs?

2. During anchoring or docking I do not like any passengers to get out on the bow. For some reason people like to put their full weight on my fairing.

I don't care about bottles. Most of the beer I drink is import or microbrew so they don't usually come in cans. Put the empties back in the cooler, I've never had any problems.

I don't mind shoes as long as they are not black bottom.
Old 11-27-2003, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spew chunks over the side while running and hitting the boat. Better than inside but what's up with that.
Old 11-27-2003, 10:49 AM
Registered

On the driving...One friend 2 years ago, while I am on a rope swing tries to start the boat!!! I cant describe how mad that made me. I said thats it, we're leaving. And as were leaving, I look down at the radio, change the station, and he is holding onto the wheel. That was it. He hasnt been on the boat since. He is one of those hat backward "punk rock" POS kids who feels no need to do anything unless it benefits them.

Also pisses me off when someone asks to drive and say "so and so (person above) said you let them drive"
Old 11-27-2003, 11:53 AM
Registered

How about the guy who wants to raft off you with the tampon-sized fenders and shoe-string dock lines?

OH, you mean Hyper Baja
Old 11-27-2003, 11:58 AM
Registered

Luv-N-It stole all my real lines. And someone stole my other fender. Oh, and I still have one of your fenders. I am holding it hostage.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:20 PM
Registered

One time I took a guy with me to a local lake. This guy is one of theese dudes who KNOWS EVERYTHIG about powerboats becasue he used to own a Nova.

We launch the boat and I go to park the tow rig, I get out of my truck and hear my engines start this little prick was revving the **** out of my COLD engines trying to impress some chics on the dock I run down to the dock and yell at him "WTF do you think you are doing?"

He puts his jonny be cool sunglasses on looks over at the chics on the dock then looks at me as says "quit *****ing and get in the dammned boat"

I reached down shut both engines off took the keys out of the ignition and went and got the tow rig, and put the boat right back on the trailer and went home.:mad

He is dammned lucky, I didnt make him walk

Quick Reply: Things people do on your boat that piss you off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.