Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bat Boats? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/64898-bat-boats.html)

glassdave 11-29-2003 08:12 PM

lotoparty- there kinda like a jetski fer two . . with a roof :D . actually i came up with a rafting system for these that works pretty well. but you do hafta be on the outside.

getreal 11-29-2003 08:14 PM

Originally posted by HyperBaja
I was surprised when I saw them real life. Really low to the water, and no rubrail.

I guess that means you've never been to the river or for a ride in a "Hydro"

Madcow 11-29-2003 08:49 PM

Originally posted by lotoparty
they definately have a cool factor but i doubt they would be very user freindly for pleasure use.

im surprized i havent seen one on loto.
how tough are they to dock or raft off with a vee bottom?

I don't know. Dave and I ran one in a color cruse this fall and it was a BLAST. They are no more one dimensional than any other race boat converted to pleasure use.

Steve_H 11-29-2003 08:54 PM

Originally posted by Madcow
I don't know. Dave and I ran one in a color cruse this fall and it was a BLAST. They are no more one dimensional than any other race boat converted to pleasure use.
hmmmm......maybe i need to take a ride in one. sure be cool to have the only one on loto :cool:

glassdave 11-29-2003 09:06 PM

that was an interesting run. . . us in a race boat (had to pull the oxegen tanks to make room for the cooler :D
) and about 40 cruisers. needless to say we were the first to the stops :D .

packinair 11-30-2003 12:19 AM

Originally posted by glassdave
that was an interesting run. . . us in a race boat (had to pull the oxegen tanks to make room for the cooler :D
) and about 40 cruisers. needless to say we were the first to the stops :D .

Well that is cause I was stuck on a freakin sandbar:mad:

Scott B 11-30-2003 06:52 AM

OK, so this one on boat trader:

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/7/0/59682570.htm

Why the weird trailer?

Why a triple axle? Are they that heavy?

There is one hanging on davits here in Miami for the past couple years. I do not think it has ever moved. One day i need to stop in and offer to run it for him :D :D :D

Scott B

Packin said noob :)

CigBoat 11-30-2003 07:31 PM

I have been rafted off of a 28 with my baja and it was really no problem at all they had a large fender up front and a smaller one on the wing.
As far as Chris treating people that work for him bad I can't say that I belive that, I have talked to a few of them at races over the past few two years and everyone seemed happy not saying that it is easy work but they seemed to be having some fun.
I havent had the chance to drive one yet but being from Cincy alot of my boating buddies have and they say they are a blast!
By the way my name is Todd Lahey whats yours:p

Allan4 11-30-2003 08:18 PM

The bat boats are an absolute blast to drive!! Anyone who has ever driven them has always had great things to say about them. As for Chris, he has bent over backwards to help me out several times and you will have a hard time finding a nicer guy. I am gald he is in Cincy and very gald I have gotten to know him.

I know most of the guys who work for him and while it is not all fun and games, they seem to have alot of fun and do alot of neat things, as far as racing is concerned. I have never heard any of the employees say bad things about him. My .02

I hate seeing this stuff on the internet...the good and bad of the web I guess....

C_Spray 11-30-2003 08:39 PM

I guess that I should be flattered, but both of those boats are rip-offs of my paint scheme. :confused: (See link below.)

I've had my 28 (Swedish kevlar hull) since 1997, and have run it in events from Biscayne Bay to 1000 Islands. It's currently undergoing a freshen-up on the paint, some re-rigging, and will hit the water next spring with a fresh 600 and DPX-A. As far as it's ride qualities go, just ask DaveP, Shanghaied Again, Tantrum or Shane (among others). If you're in the Northern Cheasapeake, maybe we can get together for a ride...