Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Poll: Resin bucket VS. Bravo Butt ??? >

Poll: Resin bucket VS. Bravo Butt ???

Notices
View Poll Results: resin bucket vs. bravo butt ??
crusty but trusty resin bucket all the way..
23.81%
CIG all the way...
33.33%
OUTER LIMITS blows them both away
27.62%
i'm a CAT kinda guy !!
15.24%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Resin bucket VS. Bravo Butt ???

Old 12-03-2003, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

i just want to know if you get your moneys worth from a boat when you spend 750,000 to 1,000,000. i mean really is it a ego trip, if you spend 1,000,000 you kind of have to toot your own horn ALOT to get your moneys worth, right? how else could you justify the $$'s. there's a hugh difference from 200,000 compared to 1,000,000, all thinks being close in $ as far as material hardware etc. someone is making a awful lot of money!! at the expense of anothers ego.

later
Old 12-03-2003, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

46 SKATER FREEDOM WALKED 47 GTX FIRE AND ICE IN KEY WEST LAST FEBRUARY IN REALLY ROUGH SEAS...HANDS DOWN I WOULD PICK A 46 SKATER...OH AND BY THE WAY I THINK FIRE AND ICE IS GETTING REPLACED BY A 46' SKATER HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?
Old 12-03-2003, 04:31 PM
Registered

Originally posted by later
i just want to know if you get your moneys worth from a boat when you spend 750,000 to 1,000,000. i mean really is it a ego trip, if you spend 1,000,000 you kind of have to toot your own horn ALOT to get your moneys worth, right? how else could you justify the $$'s. there's a hugh difference from 200,000 compared to 1,000,000, all thinks being close in $ as far as material hardware etc. someone is making a awful lot of money!! at the expense of anothers ego.

later
THE BEST PART IS BUYING RUNNING IT FOUR A FEW MONTHS THEN SELLING IT AND LOSING 400K
Old 12-03-2003, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm !?!?

Originally posted by LEOPAJM

Last but not least .... how come we've been slamming this Apache business around for almost two years with a vengence .... and not one NEW one has been sold ?

JM
settles the question doesnt it, call 1 800 Bob Saccenti
Old 12-03-2003, 04:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Later,

It's not about $, but if you want to make it about $, here goes. You get what you pay for, both in Boat and Service, and Reputation. Life Time hull warranty, no questions asked... Unique 1 of a kind boat, from paint, to setup etc... The latest and greatest technology...and not to mention a pretty sound investment. The Outerlimits resale market is never flooded, percentage wise, you will always gain most of your money back over any other manufacturer.

You know as well as I do, that if you equip one of the fountains with the same power, you are not all that far off in regards to $, but lightyears behind in speed & technology.

Slingshot,

Fire & Ice is being replaced by a 46 Skater. Or at the moment joined by a 46 Skater. I guess you have never had an Apache owner jump ship?? I guess they would have to, if they wanted a new boat. When is the next model year 2010??

How did all the cat's do against Bob Russel's boat this year??? Were you at Sarasota this fall? You would have found out.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:39 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by SLINGSHOT
46 SKATER FREEDOM WALKED 47 GTX FIRE AND ICE IN KEY WEST LAST FEBRUARY IN REALLY ROUGH SEAS...HANDS DOWN I WOULD PICK A 46 SKATER...OH AND BY THE WAY I THINK FIRE AND ICE IS GETTING REPLACED BY A 46' SKATER HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?
It is, and your right.
Attached Thumbnails Poll: Resin bucket VS. Bravo Butt ???-mvc-104s.jpg  
Old 12-03-2003, 04:45 PM
Registered

Originally posted by animalhouse
Later,

Slingshot,

Fire & Ice is being replaced by a 46 Skater. Or at the moment joined by a 46 Skater. I guess you have never had an Apache owner jump ship?? I guess they would have to, if they wanted a new boat. When is the next model year 2010??

How did all the cat's do against Bob Russel's boat this year??? Were you at Sarasota this fall? You would have found out.
I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT APACHE WHO HAS ONE WHO DOESN'T....I JUST AM OBJECTING TO YOUR STATEMENT THAT A GTX IS A BETTER ROUGH WATER BOAT THEN A 46 SKATER AND FORGET FIRE AND ICE, THAT WAS A FACT THAT I I USED. JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION JUST AS YOUR OPINION "THAT AN OUTERLIMITS IS A SOUND INVESTMENT"..COMPARED TO OTHERS YES, OVERALL NO WAY..ISN'T YOURS FOR SALE AFTER 37HRS?

WHAT KIND OF LOSS WILL YOU REALIZE AFTER 37 HRS?
Old 12-03-2003, 04:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

slingshot, check your pm, you'll find out. If you play the percentages, I guarentee you will get a better roi w/ ol than most other boat builders.

I never stated that a GTX is a better rough water boat than a Skater, but I WILL.

Here you go, if your going to quote me, do it correctly...

"a GTX is a better rough water boat on average than a Skater" will there be exceptions, driver error, skill, set up .... etc. yes. But on average, I don't think you'll find too many to disagree. Not only a GTX, but most high quality V hull's are proven to better rough water boats than the cat's in general.

P.S. Don't focus so mutch on the $, can you put a price on fun.......
Old 12-03-2003, 04:55 PM
Registered

AS YOUR OPINION "THAT AN OUTERLIMITS IS A SOUND INVESTMENT"..COMPARED TO OTHERS YES,

I AM AGREEING WITH YOU OVER OTHER MFG'S OUTERLIMITS DOES RETAIN VALUE
Old 12-03-2003, 04:56 PM
Registered

MONEY REALLY ISNT THE ISSUE. WE ALL TAKE THE LOSSES ON THINGS WE LOVE FOR THE MOMENT

Quick Reply: Poll: Resin bucket VS. Bravo Butt ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.