Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
after looking at the EXCURSION post, I have a similar question... >

after looking at the EXCURSION post, I have a similar question...

Notices

after looking at the EXCURSION post, I have a similar question...

Old 12-08-2003, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Customer come in the shop the other day to have us put a hitch on his truck. 1996 Chevy 1/2 ton, 4x4, E-Cab, Stepside. Had a helluva time getting the hitch to fit....the bumper was bent all to hell. He says, "yup, bent that thing pullin a trailer house for my brother". "The thing probably weighed 20k or so, can't beat them Chevys". I kept a straight face until he left. The sad part, I believe him.

I'm gonna bet that trailer house weighed more than that though.

Buck
Old 12-08-2003, 11:54 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pair of fully dressed big blocks in Ranger.
Attached Thumbnails after looking at the EXCURSION post, I have a similar question...-engines-ranger_1.jpg  
Old 12-09-2003, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use to work in a stone quarry and the policy was we couldn't load pickup's with the equipment because it was to easy to ruin something. One day a truck comes in to get a load of pea stone, the pea stone happens to be right by the office, they back up to the pile and start shoveling. Every once in a while checking their springs to see how far their squatting not realizing their bumper is sitting on the stone. They come to pull around on the scales with the back end squatting so far i don't know how they could steer it ended up being just shy of 2 tons. To get off the scale a little ramp goes down maybe a foot, so they come off fast enough that the momentum causes the truck to squat down and rip the spare tire out from under the truck. Personally i would have taken about half the load off but not them they pick up the tire throw it on top and head off down the road. It was hilarious to watch their whole ordeal, i still kind of wonder if they made it home.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well there was this one time, I had to pick up some lumber, and the wife had the truck so......
Attached Thumbnails after looking at the EXCURSION post, I have a similar question...-overloaded-jetta.jpg