Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: Cingular wireless (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/65848-ot-cingular-wireless.html)

105mph_38_2003 12-09-2003 09:21 PM

OT: Cingular wireless

Today I signed up with Cingular after all the mess that Verizon has done...Any opinions here?

The guy gave me a cool flip phone for $30 which was 1/3 the price AND he added an additional 500 anytime rollover minutes per month to my acct. So I pay $49.99 a month for 700(included in plan)+500(bonus)=1200 anytime rollover minutes, 5000 night and weekend minutes(nights begin at 7pm). Does this sound like a deal? What kind of rep does Cingular have?

I still have nationwide calling/no roaming fees etc but alot more minutes for the same price...All opinions are appreciated:D

H20 Cowgirl 12-09-2003 09:23 PM

I had pretty good luck with Cingular.

Right now I have Sprint because it works at the lake.

toonatime 12-09-2003 09:52 PM

Go online every month and confirm that your account has been posted PAID.. Keep proof of all payments.
Cingular posted my payment to the wrong account and I had to prove it paid...and they claim they are on an automated posting system, which i guess means all payment s will be posted to the wrong account!!!!

georges 12-09-2003 10:12 PM

I just signed up with Cingular for the same deal you have.
I have been with ATT for more than 5 years, went in to get a replacement phone and they quoted me prices ranging from $50 to $200! after 5 plus years of on time bill payments, loyalty means nothing in the cell phone industry, only NEW customers get it all.
So far I have called Cingular twice. Each time I actually got to speak to a real human pretty quickly and each time they were more than pleasant and took care of the problem immediately......so far so good!:D

ChrisK 12-09-2003 10:41 PM

And they have the one thing that no other company(at least in the FL market) has... Techs to fix your phones when they break!

OK here is my disclaimer now... I work for Cingular.. and guess what I do.. I fix the phones WHEN they break, cause well lets face it EVERYONE breaks a phone sometime!:D

CigDaze 12-10-2003 07:13 AM

I've had cingular for about 2 years now. No complaints, good reception, good service.

RedWarlock 12-10-2003 07:24 AM

I've been with Cingular/Bellsouth pretty much since '87 (yes 1987!:p) and have not had any problems go unresolved. Their customer service has always been professional and courteous. I just hope I haven't jinxed it by posting this!:eek: :D

Rippem 12-10-2003 07:27 AM

I have been with them and their predecessor for 10 years. All good. ;)

29scarab 12-10-2003 08:10 AM

I need to check on that deal also.I have been with them for a long time. They only screwed my bill up a couple of times.

Which store did you go to? I need nation wide and no roaming fees on mine. I'm paying close to 200 a month for 2 phones. I need get my bill down.