Notices

OT: Best anti-fog method

Old 12-11-2003, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question OT: Best anti-fog method

I just got new RecSpec sport glasses to go under my ice hockey helmet. Played last night with them for the first time and had quote a fogging problem.....

I know there are sprays out there that are supposed to help, but I was wondering if anyone had a different "Homemade" solution........

Thanks.....
Old 12-11-2003, 02:35 PM
Registered

You need to stop breathing You must have a lexan guard, right? You need to ventilate as much as possible. I have seen holes drilled into the guard at the top to let more air out. If there is no guard try and get the glasses to not be so close to your face.
Old 12-11-2003, 02:45 PM
Registered

Risk,, I went through the same thing, had a couple different shields,, CCM and forgot the other but they were both pretty expensive,, tried anti-fog cloths, sprays, nothing worked very well, ended up going back w/ the stock wire mask. In your case, I would try fog-stop or somthing similar from the hockey store,, it's a PITA..
Old 12-11-2003, 02:52 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: OT: Best anti-fog method

Originally posted by Risk Taker
I just got new RecSpec sport glasses to go under my ice hockey helmet....
Evolve into the 1960's and wear contacts.
Old 12-11-2003, 02:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I used to use "FOG-X" a product made by the same company that makes Rain-X for cars. You can find it in the autoparts store.

It'll work grear on you glasses, just be careful when using it on plastic...it may mar the surface.
Old 12-11-2003, 02:57 PM
Registered

Chris - I'm going tonight to get a wire shield, and combine that with some fog stop for the glasses. Hopefully that will work. Thanks for the input.

GL - I had a very bad experience with contact lenses back in the early '90s.......I put a set in backwards one time and thought Mr. Happy had disappeared !!!! No more for me..........
Old 12-11-2003, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

this sounds gross but it works better then anything else spit on the lens and rub it around and then lightly run water over them. it will work better then any of the sprays you can buy. any scuba diver will tell you that is what they do.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:01 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Baja Daze
I used to use "FOG-X" a product made by the same company that makes Rain-X for cars. You can find it in the autoparts store.

It'll work grear on you glasses, just be careful when using it on plastic...it may mar the surface.
Nick - the lenses are Polycarbonate......
Old 12-11-2003, 03:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh well...scratch that idea.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:23 PM
Registered

I ruined a CCM shield w/ a rain X product that said it was safe on the plastic,, it wasn't , melted it REAL BAD. called up the company and they had a check in the mail in no time.. As much as I like the shields, they scratch, and fog so I gave up on them and now just use the wire cage..

Quick Reply: OT: Best anti-fog method

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.