Notices

O.L speed record

Old 12-12-2003, 08:23 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

personally I like to see Reggie get beat! Keeps things interesting.... I'm waiting for the boys in Douglas Michigan to get the V hull thing figured out then watch out!!
Old 12-12-2003, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lonestar,
i was trying to say 125 is rock solid in my boat,you run some boats with big hp and there unsafe and can hurt somebody. it was a point you jus can't put big hp in any boat and get it to perform and be safe.
Old 12-12-2003, 08:32 AM
Registered

What is the ceremony with Reggie Fountain that you guys are talking about? Did he have to hand over the title or something?
Old 12-12-2003, 09:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TEAMBAJA,

The ceremony was the APRA Trophy for Top Gun, Worlds Fastest V-Hull. Bob Russell's Outerlimits ran 149.7 with a broken sea strainer, and water up to the blower belts in the bildge. They popped the strainer lid off at 150+ and kept on rolling.

Any Way, the event was held at Fountain's facility, I don't imagine Reggie enjoyed a spanking in his own house. I will attach the photo in question for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails O.L speed record-68washington1.gif  
Old 12-12-2003, 09:17 AM
Registered

Originally posted by outer42
lonestar,
i was trying to say 125 is rock solid in my boat,you run some boats with big hp and there unsafe and can hurt somebody. it was a point you jus can't put big hp in any boat and get it to perform and be safe.
I couldn't agree with you more, I just wish I was in your shoes. I along with the majority druel over the OL's, and I think what Mike is doing is fantastic. I can't wait to see what kind of firepower comes out of the moldwork this year!!

If you're interested, I'll give you a ride in my crownline in return for a ride in your OL!!

Lonestar
Old 12-12-2003, 09:33 AM
Registered

no problem if you're around a poker run and sea jus truckin intro yourself.if i have room.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well, from a racing perspective, I used to own and race the OL 37 WILD CHILD F2-07. Whenever we beat Reggie..(basically every rough water race), he would be in my face about buying one of his boats...I'd simply respond.."Why, so another OL can beat me in the rough stuff". Even worse was when he beat us in his 105mph 35' footer, or if we broke, then he would talk trash about the boat. His ego interferes with his abilty to build his business properly. We were the first one's in the pits to lend anyone a hand..no matter what boat the owned. Reggie's only hlped his own boys. Kinda takes the sportsmanship out of it. Mike and his company would drop anything to help another team, irregardless of their brand of boat.

Just my .02.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:52 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, that pic. of Reggie says it all... Looks like he wants to take his ball and go home 'cuz the rest of the boys in the sandbox didn't let him play the game his way.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:58 PM
jb
Registered

Originally posted by THEJOKER
Comparing an OL to a Fountain is like comparing a Corvette to a Mustang - BH
whats wrong with Corvettes?
Old 12-12-2003, 01:07 PM
Registered

thanks waterspeed well said i'll take you for a ride now!!

Quick Reply: O.L speed record

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.