Notices

Sandels resorts?

Old 12-12-2003, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sandels resorts?

Anyone ever been to sandels in antuigua? Or any other sandels resort? I am going to book soon for the last week of january...any input would be greatly appreciated...
Old 12-12-2003, 08:01 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A bunch of us are going to the Montego Bay Sandels resort in Jamaca mon mid January. Never been there. Leave wallet at home, cause no need to spend another dime once to the airport. Even tips are not allowed for fear of being fired. But tips under the table result in excellant service.
Old 12-12-2003, 08:01 PM
Registered

What type of place is this?
Old 12-12-2003, 08:06 PM
Registered

these are all inclusive beach resorts...food and alchohol.
Old 12-12-2003, 08:07 PM
Registered

and booty runnin around.......

www.superclubs.com
Old 12-12-2003, 09:05 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Yup, I've been there for a week. We never even left the property for the entire time. EVERYTHING including scuba was part of the deal. Lots of folks from Europe go there. Lots of topless women on the beach.

Nice place, to go, good food, nice setting. But we didn't explore the rest of the Island.
Old 12-12-2003, 09:10 PM
Registered

Hedonism Baby!!
Old 12-12-2003, 09:16 PM
CBPBA's Walmart Greeter
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Been to both Sandals in Antigua, and St. Lucia. 1st rate both places, but prefer St. Lucia's larger Sandals resort with 5 restaurants. Lucia's has the caribbean's largest swimming pool, complete with swim up bar. Nothing downside about Antigua though, excellent property. Both relatively safe for travel.

Sandals caters to couples only, leave your wallet home because gratuities and everything else is completely included. Didn't open my wallet from the time I left home to the time we returned.

US1, I wouldn't recommend Jamaica. If you go, stay on property and don't leave. Travel to and from the airport during daylight. They were rioting outside the largest Sandals a month or so ago, setting everything on fire outside the main gate. The other thing I'd do is register with the US Embassy there if you do go, otherwise you're on your own, too many US victims to keep track of next to the Dutch ABC isles. No matter what I say, you'll hear otherwise, happens with even the US Virgins which is also another destination that will never see my hard earned American dollars. The travel related industry buries most of the dirt.

-----------------------------------------

CHESAPEAKE BAY POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
'http://www.cbpba.com'

"Experience is something you don't have until just after you need it."
Old 12-12-2003, 09:30 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The ABC islands are not that bad.. (assuming you mean Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao). I have been to Curacao 2 times last year, and will be going back there at least once this year also.. I own a company on the island and the people are very friendly...
Old 12-12-2003, 09:40 PM
CBPBA's Walmart Greeter
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Maybe it's changed Chris. My experience was 10 years ago and I've never gone back. Great diving there though. I spent 14 days at the Princess scuba diving. During that stay, 8 Americans robbed at knifepoint, 3 hospitalized with knifewounds, 2 with broken bones, 1 woman dragged down the street by a passenger reaching out of car grabbed her fanny pack and it didn't break for 100 yards. I survived a mugging on the hotel parking lot at 9PM one night, at knifepoint. Peter Hughes Dive Team concurred, the island was dangerous.

In Aruba, hotel staff and restaurant staff would hail us a cab telling us to stay inside until the taxi pulled up.

Bonaire, they break into the cars while we're diving or just steal the whole car. I exchanged some heated emails and correspondence with the folks in Willemstead (gov't and board of tourism), then Scuba Magazine got involved, as well as US State Department. Result was an nice article about crime on the ABC's. Maybe they have it under control now. They're beautiful islands, shame if they don't.

-----------------------------------------

CHESAPEAKE BAY POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
'http://www.cbpba.com'

"Experience is something you don't have until just after you need it."

Quick Reply: Sandels resorts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.