Help !!!!!stop This Con Artist >

Help !!!!!stop This Con Artist

Notices

Help !!!!!stop This Con Artist

Old 12-28-2003, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Somebody get a rope"

quote from the salsa commercial when they find out some guy brought salsa made in NY city.
Old 12-28-2003, 07:54 AM
rws
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

382 Fastech PM Me your phone #.I am sorry to hear about this I have been able to have Michael Kicked off of Ebay several times after He ripped me off.Ebay seems reluctant to do any investigating on their own.I submitted Three Fraud complaints against Him Recently under the user name blownmerc1 and Ebay would take no action against Him.

382 I feel for you.

Last edited by rws; 12-28-2003 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:30 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Why would you want to use a lawyer that is convenient for him? Use one that is convenient for you! Sue him in small claims at your location. He'll have to fly in and appear in court. If he doens't then, you win by default and start collections.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:53 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Sorry for you experience.I don't mean to rub salt in the wound,but why did you pay up front ? I would have made him ship it C.O.D..

I am no lawyer but I think cord is right. The amount is such that you can take him to small claims court. I think it is very little money to file a claim(around $50.00 ??)

I would also contact a attorney . If what thedonz says is correct,I would try to hang this guy bye his sack.

Ebay SUCKS and will do NOTHING to help you.Although,if you contact a attorney,maybe they can also check into why this guy is still allowed to sell ,especially if he has been turned in before.

Oh did I mention EBAY SUCKS....
Old 12-28-2003, 09:59 AM
Registered

I wish I was kidding,he was using [email protected] as his email address when he got me,it worked so good he tried it again1 week later with the same picture,but I was able to email the purchaser and he was able to stop payment on his check.I too filed a complaint but he just keeps changing his user name so ebay cant catch hum until its to late.I know for fact this guy is stealing these parts my serial # was chiseled off the drive.I have had the police out there to check this out,they said they have 17 complaints of fraud against this guy,I tried to file small claims but you have to file in the state were it was purchased,but there has to be a lawyer who is a fellow boater or OSO member that understands and would persue this guy hard
Old 12-28-2003, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post his next auction. If we all send him 1 e-mail, with 14,000 members, maybe we could at least discourage him.
Old 12-28-2003, 12:06 PM
DJD
Registered

Originally posted by Cord
Why would you want to use a lawyer that is convenient for him? Use one that is convenient for you! Sue him in small claims at your location. He'll have to fly in and appear in court. If he doens't then, you win by default and start collections.
EXACTLY!
I bought a truck on e-bay from a dealer who claimed it was in perfect mechanical condition.
Long story short, the truck ended up needing a $3100 repair before I got it home (300 mi away).
The dealer said it was sold "as is" with no warranty.
I went to my local courthouse and filed a small claim against the dealer ($15 to file a claim).
I found out from a lawyer that they could be charged with interstate wire fraud (inaccurate vehicle description & deceptive practices) and that my State pays triple damages in small claims court.
I had a check for the full amount three days later!
Old 12-28-2003, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

If you think those parts were stolen,maybe they were off that cigarette that was found in mass! Maybe he's been a very bad boy and maybe the cops could investigate deeper into his garage and find more stollen parts When you guys buy on e-bay you should use paypal and use there escroe account and release it after you recieve the parts. If the seller doesn't want to do that skip the deal Who has the OSO bat??? Tripps
Old 12-28-2003, 03:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

What a shame, hope he gets put away for it.
Old 12-28-2003, 04:06 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by 382 FASTECH
I wish I was kidding,he was using [email protected] as his email address when he got me,it worked so good he tried it again1 week later with the same picture,but I was able to email the purchaser and he was able to stop payment on his check.I too filed a complaint but he just keeps changing his user name so ebay cant catch hum until its to late.I know for fact this guy is stealing these parts my serial # was chiseled off the drive.I have had the police out there to check this out,they said they have 17 complaints of fraud against this guy,I tried to file small claims but you have to file in the state were it was purchased,but there has to be a lawyer who is a fellow boater or OSO member that understands and would persue this guy hard
My thoughts on that correct or incorrect are that YOU purchased it in your home. You should be able to file. I am going to hit the local court house this week to file a claim against some one in California that I did a install for I will let you know how it goes.

Jon

Quick Reply: Help !!!!!stop This Con Artist

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.