Originally posted by Scott B
Please tell me thats a typo...

Scott B
Should read $3500. a year
Old 01-05-2004, 12:38 PM
simon johnston

Originally posted by clearcut3
Please let me know if you get this....I wanna see them holding on
I DONT THINK I MENTIONED IN WHAT SEA CONDITIONS IT MIGHT BE IN 1 TO ME THE GLADIATOR HAS A FANTASTIC SHAPE 2 WITH THE SAME POWER THE 32 CAT WILL HAVE A HIGHER TOP SPEED 3 IF THE GLADIATOR WAS PUT AGAINST THE SAME SIZE CAT IT WOULD BE SLOWER IN ALL CONDITIONS AND 4 WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT A BOATS TOP SPEED EITHER FROM A FRIEND OR FROM THE MANUFACTURER IS HE TALKING THE TOP SPEED IN A FORCE 9 ?????

Old 01-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All conditions??? I don't think so
Old 01-06-2004, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts

GO RIDE IN THE CAT AND BE AMAZED
Even the small ones will blow your mind. It ads a whole new demension to cruising. You will laugh when you take a buddy on his first cat ride. You would prob be happy with the 28 Skater in your area.
Old 01-07-2004, 02:41 AM
Registered

I am tryin to find the vid
Old 01-07-2004, 02:44 AM
Registered

Default 155 mph skater cat!!!!!!!! omg video

http://www.screamandfly.com/home/vid...h%20skater.wmv

click here for the vid
Old 01-07-2004, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Havasu Cig
All conditions??? I don't think so
There's a reason they don't let the cats play with the vee's in offshore racing.

Adrenaln,
Thanks for reposting that again! What a rush.

Trader1,
If you're going used, pick up a used 32' or 36' Skater... you can't go wrong.

Last edited by SS930; 01-07-2004 at 06:53 AM.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:27 AM
Registered

In the absense of the wise one..(T2x) I will comment from a useage point of view and not from a hydrodynamic/engineering standpoint. All things being equal, you will find that a well designed cat (i.e. Skater, Nor-Tech, Spectre, MTI etc) will run smoother and faster in any water than a vee. This is not a personal preference thing as most things are in our sport. With the parameters set forth above (excluding insurance costs) the Skater will out perform the Cig in all the following:

1.) Ride (although the hop at lower speeds is an issue unless you use a tunnel tab which can and will eliminate the hop)

2.) Speed (both on flat and rough seas)

3.) Handling (both at hi and low speeds)

4.) Docking/maneuvarability (keep in mind on a 32 Skater the drives are farther apart than on the Cig hence more leverage and easier operation)

Keep in mind that this is comparing with two competant operators. The proper operating techniques of these boats is VASTLY different and when making a comparison it is important to understand that proper operation is key.

Please understand that the Cig is a BEAUTIFUL boat that has alot to offer. Some people just prefer one style over another simply because they like a vee or cat. There is nothing wrong with that at all. What is important is that YOU are happy with your new ride. I would DEFINITELY ride in both with people that know what they are doing BEFORE you buy, because once you do the decision will be obvious.

Good luck.

Last edited by Shane; 01-07-2004 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:13 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Shane
In the absense of the wise one..(T2x) I will comment from a useage point of view and not from a hydrodynamic/engineering standpoint. All things being equal, you will find that a well designed cat (i.e. Skater, Nor-Tech, Spectre, MTI etc) will run smoother and faster in any water than a vee. This is not a personal preference thing as most things are in our sport. With the parameters set forth above (excluding insurance costs) the Skater will out perform the Cig in all the following:

1.) Ride (although the hop at lower speeds is an issue unless you use a tunnel tab which can and will eliminate the hop)

2.) Speed (both on flat and rough seas)

3.) Handling (both at hi and low speeds)

4.) Docking/maneuvarability (keep in mind on a 32 Skater the drives are farther apart than on the Cig hence more leverage and easier operation)

Keep in mind that this is comparing with two competant operators. The proper operating techniques of these boats is VASTLY different and when making a comparison it is important to understand that proper operation is key.

Please understand that the Cig is a BEAUTIFUL boat that has alot to offer. Some people just prefer one style over another simply because they like a vee or cat. There is nothing wrong with that at all. What is important is that YOU are happy with your new ride. I would DEFINITELY ride in both with people that know what they are doing BEFORE you buy, because once you do the decision will be obvious.

Good luck.
I am a Cat guy, even though I own a V at the current time. The 32 Skater is a awesome boat, but there is no way that it is going to run with me when it gets real snotty out here in the ocean.

The day of the DSM Poker run was a good example. It was very rough that day, and the cats that ran did not finish near the front. The only boat in front of me was Kenny in his 42 Tiger.

SS930,

We are talking about a 32' Skater not a 36'-46'.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:17 PM
Registered

Here is a picture of the Tiger taken the during the run.

Last edited by Havasu Cig; 01-07-2004 at 01:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Gladiator or Skater

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.