Look....but don't laugh!!.... To Hard

Notices

Look....but don't laugh!!.... To Hard

Old 01-04-2004, 10:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

R Addiction,
What an awesome machine. The graphics are killer. Here is my favorite numbnut buy of a boat. A 20' Grady dual console. Please don't flood me with PM's asking to buy this one. Many people praise these boats but not me. When I first got this boat it had a 115 JohnRude without trim. Every wave was a splasher and you would lose your sunglasses if you did not pay attention. Locked that outboard on its second outing. Then I put a GT150 JohnRude from a bass boat on the thing. After that you only got sprayed every other wave. Plus the fuel system could not keep up with the bigger engine. Many times someone would have to sit it the back and keep sqeezing the primer bulb to keep it from stalling. We caught alot of stripers from this boat though. Next time your out notice how many Grady's have spray curtains on them.
Attached Thumbnails Look....but don't laugh!!.... To Hard-grady.jpg  
Old 01-04-2004, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just looked at Clays pics.Is that what you call them whipples?I call them nipples.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:28 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by THEJOKER
I don't know if i'd admit that - BH
We all start somewhere.....I know a guy that started with a '57 Larson w/ Chrysler OB, now has a 41 Apache. Anybody know who I'm talking about!!?
Old 01-04-2004, 11:54 AM
Registered

Cool pictures. Just remember, there are people sitting on land that only wish they had a BAYLINER.

In fact, I seriously considered one before I bought my current boat. Didnt have alot of money to spend. Just wanted to pay cash for something with a cuddy.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:55 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TEAMBAJA
[B]Cool pictures. Just remember, there are people sitting on land that only wish they had a BAYLINER.

EXACTLY!!!
Old 01-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by TEAMBAJA
Cool pictures. Just remember, there are people sitting on land that only wish they had a BAYLINER.
That is correct my friend.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My first was an early 70's Glastron GT160 with a 135 Johnson. Fun little boat, did about 55 mph. Then came the wife and the need for a cuddy.

Didn't know much about the I/O market but in '87 we bought a new Imperial 21 footer. Had nice space and stuff but,,,,,,,,, WHAT A POS that thing was!!!!

Plastic hinges, seats ripped out the floor, sounded like a kettle drum in the waves, deck flexed like 3 inches. Just a real bad boat. Hated that thing!!!!

Had it two years, did alot of reading and talking then bought my first Formula in 1990. What a huge difference. I smiled every time I drove that Formula. Still had the "other" boat too. Wife was not impressed with two payments every month.

Ended up loosing my shorts on that POS Imperial, company went tits-up right while I was trying to sell it. No big suprise there.

But hey, we all live and learn.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:48 PM
Registered

I never owned a Bayliner but I knew many people that did. For about 8 years I was in a marina that was owned by the biggest Bayliner dealer in the world. The fact is, the Bayliners got people out on the water, and they had fun, so they served there purpose very well. Thats what it is all about, having some fun!!
Old 01-04-2004, 01:10 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Cheap way in to an expensive hobby!!!
Old 01-04-2004, 04:11 PM
Registered

Originally posted by R Addiction
Cheap way in to an expensive hobby!!!
I dont think there is ever a cheap way!

Quick Reply: Look....but don't laugh!!.... To Hard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.