Notices

Bully Dog Diesel chips?

Old 01-05-2004, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 03 2500 HD duramax/allison with 4"Exhaust and a 95hp Edge chip.
Pull the Playboy withit all the time, kicks butt, great mileage.
It has 4 different easily set power levels, so i set it to run 95hp normally, but when I switch to tow/haul mode, it cuts it to 50hp.
Never have seen over 900 degree exhaust, 20+ lbs of boost, even going up long hills.
I have thought about sending in and upgrading to the 125hp chip they have

That is the great thing about these chips, you can specify the power levels for both normal mode AND tow/haul.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:12 PM
Registered

cigracer38, Yes you can tow no problem with the chip. You just have to watch the EGTs on long inclines or steep inclines.

I don't know what the trans temp is. There is a stock temp guage on the dash but it is not numbered for degrees. I have yet to see the needle move.
Old 01-05-2004, 02:48 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Pure Energy
cigracer38, Yes you can tow no problem with the chip. You just have to watch the EGTs on long inclines or steep inclines.

I don't know what the trans temp is. There is a stock temp guage on the dash but it is not numbered for degrees. I have yet to see the needle move.

Is it easy to program?
Old 01-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Registered

No programing for the Bully Dog, just plug it in!
Old 01-05-2004, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Western Diesel is hard to beat except for the price. They are proud of their parts. I have the +80hp/ +130lbs/ft Superchip in my F250. No EGT gauge and no problems for 60,000 miles.

I've heard both good and bad about Bully Dog. They often make the most HP but at what EGT??? I think they run on the razor's edge while WD, Superchips, or many of the bigger manufactures may be more conservative.

It will take a larger exhaust to really unleash the power. (I just removed my muffler and replaced it with a straight pipe). 3.5" Turbo downpipe and 4" exhaust at a minumum if you're adding more than 80 hp.

If that's not enough for you there's always propane!
Old 01-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out our diesel products at

www.pmtdiesel.com
Old 01-05-2004, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Boot,

I made the call. For some reason they haven't seen fit to return it yet?

The good news is, one of my warehouses just did a buy in with Edge. So I will now have access to their products quickly without the cost of the buy in. Needless to say, there will be an Edge Chip with Attitude on my 6.0 shortly.

I'm supposed to run a stock Duramax sometime this week. We are trying to get a baseline of where these two trucks are running stock before we start with the goodies.

Buck
Old 01-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Buck , Dont' know whats up there . They may be closed ??? I called all day on all their lines and got no people ! Never had that happen ..... Of course they are the highest selling diesel performance manufacturer in the country ,and everybody got Christmas money to spend !!!

Congrats on the Edge deal ! They are my second choice to WD. They work pretty good . HAve had very few problems with them . They have a little less hp then advertised and a little higher temps then WD. but they are a little cheaper too . The DMAx should dyno at around 190 hp on the ground . A little light for their claims ..... But the right box will fix that !

Brandon , Good talking to you today ! I sent you an e-mail. I hope I got it right .If not ,I will forward it to you again . Let me know if you get it .

[email protected] Thanks , Joe
Old 01-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

boot,

It was about two weeks ago when I contacted them. Dunno?

Anway, when I said I was going to run a stock Durmax sometime this week....I meant I was running AGAINST one in my 6.0 Powerstroke. I have a pretty good idea what the results will be already. We want to compare these two side by side before we start doing similar mods to them.

Buck
Old 01-05-2004, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Brandon since you are familiar with the arbuckles on I-35 by Ardmore when towing my boat 12,500 and staying in it, trans temp will climb to 200 degs, and egt will hover around 950-1000 egts, and this is staying in it all the way.

Boot: as for the programmers, i was meaning the actual plug and plays ,no the hypertechs or diablos(they are so week) just to clearafy myself to ya, no pun

The duramax's had a tranny problem when running the hot setups, usually 4th to 5th gear if staying on the throttle they would go into limp mode. From what I have gathered and tested, the 03's have been fixed of this. As for the warrenty, thats like said a gray area, but if your worried about it talk to the dealership, on the 03 c5 vette, we had exhaust and computer, along with headers and intake kit that we swapped out with no trouble. Event got it in writting, they just had to look at the install(just think they wanted to run the car, ahd a couple more miles on it when we picked it up and the service manager had a big grin) Most of the chips/boxes will plug in and unplug in seconds.

Quick Reply: Bully Dog Diesel chips?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.