Like Tree0Likes

OT - Paintball

Old 01-04-2004, 09:29 PM
Registered

My Boats: Nada at the present time
Default OT - Paintball

Are any of you into paintball? My g/f and I went and played this morning and it was a blast!!! I used to play, but it has been a few years, and things have changed quit a bit. Do any of you have a recommendation for guns. As of right now, I am leaning towards a Tippman 98 custom. What is the good, bad & the ugly!

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-04-2004, 09:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: yeah....that one

WWW.NATIONALPAINTBALL.COM .MY BUDDY OWNS IT, HE'S THE LARGETS IN THE WORLD
Old 01-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1989 Cigarette Bullet

VERY addictive sport. I had so much $$$ tied up in that stuff at one time I'm ashamed to admit it.

Buck
Old 01-05-2004, 06:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: '88 Formula F-206 LS

The wife and love the game. In fact , she's more into it than I am.
When we have time we go to Paintball World in Kissimmee, Fl.

During one game the wife was sitting in some brush where her cammo pattern matched perfectly. A fire fight broke out involving another member of our team. She was sitting right in the middle of the fight, motionless, about 20' from the bad guy. After about 10 minutes our team mate got hit, when the bad guy stood up to gloat, she popped up and plastered him. The look on his face was priceless. He never knew she was there.
Old 01-05-2004, 07:18 AM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

My Boats: built myself 1994

the tippman 98 custom is the best bang for the buck! i have 75 of them i use for my rental equipment at my field. just make sure not to buy the 98's walmart has they are 5 years old and do not have the premachining in them for the drop in upgrades. if you want all out top of the line check out www.performanceangel.com . pics of my field can be seen at www.capecodpaintball.com . fyi
Old 01-05-2004, 07:35 AM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 31 Resin bucket

got popped by 1 once by a friend. he thought it was hilarious so i popped him back with a left punch we had matching bruises
Old 01-05-2004, 06:50 PM
Registered

My Boats: Nada at the present time

mrv8outboard,

Thanks for the tip. Do you have any recommendations for a must have upgrade? I have been told the expansion chamber can really help, and the 21" barrell is supposed to be great????
Old 01-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2003 Baja Outlaw 20

Love paintball. Don't really like the Tippy's but that is just me. I would purchase a nice Spyder Electro as your intro marker and upgrade the barrel immediately. The triggers are adjustable to the point where it rests right on the firing switch so you can get a pretty decent rate of fire on an inexpensive marker.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:28 PM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

My Boats: '93 Baja 260/502 Mag

I just bought a JT Excellerator 6.0 for my 14 yr old son. He picked it out. I knew zero about paintball at the time. It seems to be a nice marker. My son loves it so much I think he sleeps with it under his pillow. It needs a better hopper, though. The 3 dollar one that it came with is too slow for the gun. It chops the balls sometimes when "walking" the trigger. The price was right. $199.95 from I&I Sports. It was a package that came with a bunch of stuff. You can see it all on their website. The only thing is it was advertised as a reconditioned unit, guaranteed to perform like new. When we took it out of the box it came in it was a brand new unit. Not a scratch on it. Don't know if someone ordered another one if it would be new or recon. Maybe we just got lucky. Like I said, I am very new to paintball so my opinion is just from my limited experience.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:12 PM
Registered

My Boats: 33'6 Formula

Yeah, I play all the time....

I used to have a tippmann 98 custom and its a great durable gun, I think you will like it, its also very upgradable...

Right now I have a progressive impulse w/ vision board... evolution 2 hopper and flame drop forward, its such a nice gun and alot of the pros and many of the awsome players use them!!! I love it havent chopped any paint yet.