Like Tree0Likes

Steriod injection in spine need input!

Old 01-09-2004, 11:20 AM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

My Boats: poker runs offshore racing

I just had a two level disk fusion three weeks ago. I have been in alot of pain and they put me on a steriod pill pack that has help alot. I am supposed to be on this for one week. I hope this helps and god speed with your pain

David Ledford

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 01-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Registered

I had herniated L3 in 00 after the race in Sarasota. After about a month of instense pain down the back of my legs I went to see Mike Lospinuso . He actually sent me for the MRI before our first visit. When I saw him he said that I could try injects or any other thearpy of my choice, nut surgery is the only real answer. He said make an appointment for two weeks and we'll talk about it then. I called him at home that night and told him to schedule me for the surgery. Within 8 weeks I was back in the boat racing in NC. The surgery and recovery was not bad, although I didn't need to be fused, yet. He said if I keep going the way I am expect to need the fusion within 10 years. While I was in rehab I met a guy that had a disk replaced using one from a doner. He was doing very well and hopefully that procedure will become more common.

The best advice I can give you is to find a good Dr, even if you have to travel. It's just not worth the risk of what could happen in someone messes up your back.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:03 PM
Registered

My surgeon was able to schedule my injection with the University Of Wisconsin Hospital for Monday, they do the procedure with the aid of a fluoroscope. Hopefully this takes care of my pain for know to allow me to get back to work.

Thanks to everyone

Matt
Old 01-09-2004, 02:25 PM
Mr. Demeanor

Good to hear Vagrant. My fusion is about a year old and Im still seeing slow inprovement. It takes a long time. Eat healthy and take some supplements so your body has what it needs to repair. I took coral calcium for the first year post fusion and my latest film looks real good.

Old 01-09-2004, 02:47 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

My Boats: Sadly, no longer have: Sleekcraft 24'

Best wishes on on the results Matt.

I had several epidurals (sp) <for cracked vertebrea and discintegrating discs from water skiing incidents> many years ago with injections preceeded by a finger probing my lower spine and the doc saying.. Hmmm I think thats the spot.

Only let them cut as a last resort..

Take care..Always use your knees a shock absorbers---
Old 01-09-2004, 07:29 PM
AIRTIME

I have two bulging discs L5 ? other not sure I'M ON PERCS RIGHT NOW I took two to night still in pain doc say PT doesnt help me here is my pain morning stiff, back spasm bougth sides, drive to work 1/2 hour stiff getting out of van then maybe sharpe pain down back of right leg leg gives out almost fall and thats at7 am everyf#cken day pain is about 6 to 8 by noon atake a pill thenat3or4 it helps Istill feel the pain when its a9 or10 Icant dress my self does any one have steady pain in the back that burns feels like someone hit you with a bat ? help

Old 01-10-2004, 12:24 AM
Mr. Demeanor

Airtime, get a plane to Mayo if you cant get the answers you need near home. Perc arent going to solve your problem and will likely cause other problems. Soem people have herniated discs and get around fine, others are disabled with a small bulge. Check the site I posted above for more info and best wishes.