Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best 28' performance boat for rough water? >

Best 28' performance boat for rough water?

Notices

Best 28' performance boat for rough water?

Old 01-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: thanks Indy

Originally posted by THEJOKER
Yea the best kept secret in the 28ft range. BH
Apologies to the copywirters but heres and old pic

Last edited by buckknekkid; 05-16-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definately a Cig, Flyes level and lands smooth, they are a real strong running boat in the rough and are built like brick ****houses If I had any other choice for a 28 it would either be a Pantera or a Saber
Old 01-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Steve_H

Originally posted by Sun 288
Tim, I have been on 28 Sonics with BB and SB. The boat is not balanced well. The boat starts to 'bounce' if you will at speeds new 60 mph. The BB boat did it (Father owned one) and the SB boat did it too (good buddy of mine owned one for one summer).

Sonic doesn't make the 28 any more, and it doesn't surprise me.

Its to bad that twins are a must because I think you would be impressed with the way a 288 Sunsation runs in the rough. Now I haven't played with mine in the ocean, but run Lake Ontario lots and that water can get really rough and unpredictable. I push mine hard and other boaters are surprized to see only one outdrive on the back after we've gone in a poker run or fun run.

Does Apache make a 28 anymore? Or do you have to find one 10 years old?
i recently sold this
Attached Thumbnails Best 28' performance boat for rough water?-atlongview.jpg  

Old 01-09-2004, 03:21 PM
Steve_H

to get this.
and yes , its 10 years old
and its in powerguys price range but NOT FOR SALE.
Attached Thumbnails Best 28' performance boat for rough water?-bridge-bridge-2003-065sm.jpg  

Last edited by lotoparty; 01-09-2004 at 03:25 PM.

Old 01-09-2004, 03:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

lotoparty-

are you sure it is not for sale????
Old 01-09-2004, 03:41 PM
Steve_H

Originally posted by powerguy
lotoparty-

are you sure it is not for sale????
yes im positive.
sorry

Old 01-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Registered

Unhappy Re: Re: Saber

Originally posted by LEOPAJM
Absolutely !!!!!!!!

Don't even look at anything else in the 28' range !!!

You won't be sorry !!! And your buddy's will be pissed !
.................................................. .................................

First of all..why would anyone want to buy a 28' Saber, and take a bath on it, when you turn around and try and sell a "no-name" brand boat???

My advice to you, is to buy something that is going to hold it's value for more than a year. Unless you can get it for $20K with 500hp's, because that is what the last one I heard went for (buzzin bye)
Old 01-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Steve_H

Default Re: Re: Re: Saber

Originally posted by todd35
.................................................. .................................

First of all..why would anyone want to buy a 28' Saber, and take a bath on it, when you turn around and try and sell a "no-name" brand boat???

My advice to you, is to buy something that is going to hold it's value for more than a year. Unless you can get it for $20K with 500hp's, because that is what the last one I heard went for (buzzin bye)
well if thats the case , ill buy 3 and sell 2 of them for at least 40k each

Old 01-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Tim-
The room in your engine compartment looks a LOT better than that Powerplay I looked at. Inboard work doesn't look so menacing on your Pantera. I've always admired their classic offshore lines.
Scorps are the absolute nuts on boats this size- I think two of the 28' AT's with twins have them, and they are 80+ GPS boats.
Although not a custom, the Formula 292 with Scorps is a well-built fast boat, but more like 27' in length without the molded-in swim platform, and should almost make this list?
Jim
Old 01-09-2004, 04:25 PM
WickedWon

Default Nice First Post !

Todd35.... First post and it's very negative...go figure You just broke the #1 rule for ever having any credibility. I would tell ya about Dan's boat and it's value but, you ain't worth it.

Quick Reply: Best 28' performance boat for rough water?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.