Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What new occupation would you consider? >

What new occupation would you consider?

Notices

What new occupation would you consider?

Old 01-09-2004, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

as a kid i always loved Corvettes and and turned that love for Corvettes into a business and proffession. I was working on all the old ones and loving it and slowly it became a job and as most jobs they become tiring and eventually i learned to hate Corvettes. 13yrs ago i sold my business and shortly after that sold a collection of corvettes that most would die for, and bought a offshore boat. Bottom line is work is exactly that work! Ive often thought about going into a marina and or boat repair facility but im afraid that i would then learn to hate boats and at this time in my life it is one of the few things in life i really enjoy.

later
Old 01-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your in your job for 13 years, have college education. Now your working for a person that you helped hire about 5 years ago as a newbie.... How should one feel about this???
Old 01-09-2004, 02:33 PM
Registered

Funny, I just sent out mail to a buddy telling him I need a new job. I'm starting a collections agency for my wife. She used to manage an agency in NYC, then had kids. The kids are in school now so it's time she start working again, this time for us.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:00 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Male prostitute(AARP) endorsed primarily serving rich widows.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Registered

Fregrance Model!
Old 01-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Eternal Warrior

I just want to win the Lotto and be done with the work crap. Then I can spend time on working on what I really want. More HP.

Old 01-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want Lil'Abners old job..... anyone here old enough to remember that comic strip? His occupation was "mattress tester" at the mattress factory... he slept all day for work! Nice.... huh?
Old 01-09-2004, 03:25 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally posted by East Coast B
Your in your job for 13 years, have college education. Now your working for a person that you helped hire about 5 years ago as a newbie.... How should one feel about this???
That is not easy I'm sure. When I took over my families (50 year old) business, I had to play the diplomat and learn how to handle employees that had been there for A LOT longer then I had, it wasn't easy but I made the best of it and eventually it worked out. Now that I am out of that and working for a fairly large company, it is very different. My bosses boss was the same age as I am, SHE was so cool to work for and I learned a lot, (ok, she is hot too but that's beside the point) . I think that if your "new boss" is good and can offer you value and treat you right, go with it... if not - get the F*#$ out!!

It's a big world and life is too short to be unhappy!! Do what you like and like what you do!

I like the weatherman gig idea!! You can always screw up and blame it on a shift in the wind! -hehe.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

I love farming, but I think I would also love to come down he Florida and work as an airboat tour guide in the winter. Last week we went on a ride out in the boonies from Orlando. In fact, it was Boony Creek road or something like that. . Very cool place and a very cool ride. Driving it seemed sorta like a cross between a boat and a combine.
Old 01-09-2004, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Payton
I love farming, but I think I would also love to come down he Florida and work as an airboat tour guide in the winter. Last week we went on a ride out in the boonies from Orlando. In fact, it was Boony Creek road or something like that. . Very cool place and a very cool ride. Driving it seemed sorta like a cross between a boat and a combine.
"boggy creek"

http://boggycreek.orlandofanatic.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.