Notices

Pic of new truck

Old 01-11-2004, 07:01 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

If I can ever help any of you on a new truck, let me know. We have had a Ford dealership in our family for over 60 years. I will sell you a new truck right! here is a pic of the 04 Excursion I did.
Attached Thumbnails Pic of new truck-excur-ol.jpg  
Old 01-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is my 02 with a 4'' and 16x10 weld stonecrushers psd
Old 01-11-2004, 07:06 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

We have this HD F250 and a black over silver also with a solid black on the way. If anyone is interested, I will give you a deal.

email: [email protected]
Old 01-11-2004, 07:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here is my 02 with a 4'' and 16x10 weld stonecrushers psd
Old 01-11-2004, 07:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Mat, nice wheels on that Excursion. Did you get the Hustler, Jeff
Old 01-12-2004, 06:16 AM
Registered

jassman, does the dual exhaust bolt right on or did you have to modify something to make it fit? Just curious, when i put a different down pipe on my 96 i had to modify the fire wall seam to give it clearance.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

OF SHORE, the DPPI system is a direct bolt on. There are 2 types, Cat back and Turbo back. The down pipe off the turbo is grooved and somewhat restrictive, thats why I went with the Turbo exhaust.

The hardest part was pulling the stock down pipe off, the rest was a breeze, bolted right up, hangers and all, including the hanger for the drivers side rear, then I elected to cut a section out where the Cat. was and welded it back in, very easy, took it to my buddies place (Mr. Mufflers Underworld) and he charged me 100.00 to put it on, I actually helped him and we were in and out in 1 hour 10 minutes. Worth every penny, the sound is awesome, not too loud that you can hear it over the diesel with the windows up, doesnt resonate inside cabin, great even for long poker run trips. Jeff
Old 01-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

troutly, the Dppi sounds much better then the Banks "fart pipe" ! I prefer those over all the exhausts I sell .
It's the muffler . Dppi has a real good sound .not too loud and has no resonating sound up through the cab that chatters your teeth !

If it's going on a new 6litre , watch out !!
The turbo noise on them is REAL loud when you open up the exhaust ! Sounds like a fan belt squealing , but louder ! Like Jassman said , you might want to incorporate the cat into the system . ( possibly modified for air flow !) It is worth getting the whole system rather then just a cat back. The bigger & better down pipe flows great . The cat is over 4" so you can easily adapt it to the new pipes , (with a welder) , and have great flow . I have had mixed feelings about the sound level. I have many that love it loud ! And many that installed the cats to tone it down . Either way , it's a great fitting , and working exhaust .

The single 4" exhaust will feel, and be ,more powerful . the duals loose velocity and loose about 25-30 ft lbs torque on the low end . where you need it . Doesn't sound like much but it is . Makes it feel lazy . Of course the chip helps that ! The duals sure do look good though !! Joe
Old 01-12-2004, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Jassman, On your aluminized exhaust system , make sure you coat the area they welded with something (heat resistant ) to prevent corrosion . When you weld steel pipes it changes the properties and they corode fast . I use stainless wire in my mig . The cat is low grade stainless so you can get away with weldign it with stainless wire . But I would coat it with something . Eastwood has some "paint-on" stainless exhaust stuff. I haven't tried it , all mine have been full stainless systems . Joe
Old 01-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Registered

Default The other company truck that the lady ran the red light and totaled it.

Not sure it this pic will come out as well. Ps thanks for all the info on my diesel.
Attached Thumbnails Pic of new truck-scan0001.jpg  

Quick Reply: Pic of new truck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.