Attached Thumbnails Thunder Boat Row-p2210042.jpg  
Old 01-19-2004, 01:02 PM
Charter Member #1528

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh, I miss that place tremendously!
Old 01-19-2004, 03:30 PM
Registered

Hey Everyone!!!!!!!!!! Alot of our staff and I want to set up a showroom with local history pictures and banners. We all want to give our customers and fans of this area a look back into the past and re-live our love for the builders of our heritage. If any of you can help we would greatly appreciate anything, with TNT and us the only 2 left on "Thunder Boat Row" I would love to see a change from destruction (thanks aventura) to "Our Feild of Dreams" and pay our respect.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:22 AM
Registered

It's Friday, You ain't got no job, you ain't got "S" to do.

Again another beautifull and quiet day on the row, Have a bay test today, on a FISH boat, but it's time on the water, nothing makes me happier than going out of the channel checking out TNT and all the hot boats they are working on, COME ON LADIES AND GENTLEMEN COME VISIT THE ROW AND LET SEE US!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

I think that once all of the condos are built and occupied, we need to make a visit to the street and put Cigarette, Pantera, Apache, etc stickers on each and every car there!

I also like the idea of everybody getting together in the canals on either side of the street. How about every Saturday and Sunday morning at 7am!
Old 01-23-2004, 10:55 AM
Registered

Lets make it an all day event, LOUD & PROUD!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2004, 11:12 AM
T-N-T Sales

Here is a little piece of history that will be going on E-Bay next week.

Ceich35, we feel the same way. I think the city of Aventura missed the boat on their plan for 188th street. I'm sure the tax revenue from the new condos on 188th will generate more money for the city than it does currently. However I've often wondered if they put city docks completely around the peninsula, how much revenue that would create. Four years ago we managed a 76' Lazzara motor yacht, which was docked at Pier 66 in Ft. Lauderdale. Dockage alone was in excess of $40,000. a year. That combined with the revenue from the land-based businesses would add up to a hefty sum. There may have been a better way to increase the city’s revenue and preserve the boating environment in Aventura. All that said, it’s over. The land has been bought up by individual investors and is being developed. The value of the land, taxes, and difficulty with the city, make it impractical to run a Hi-Performance boat business any where on this street. I hope the city does get involved with a “Thunder Boat Row” memorial. If I had to bet, we’ll probably inhabit Mars first
Attached Thumbnails Thunder Boat Row-pict0112.jpg  

Old 01-23-2004, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Thunder Boat Row

Originally posted by ceich35
Working for one of the last marinas on "Thunder Boat Row" and seeing the God fathers of offshore power boats leaving their home just SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! Ever since I saw my first rooster tail and heard the roar of the engines I fell in love with offshore power boats. Reading the article in this months "Powerboat" and seeing it all first hand just breaks my heart. For the good of town tax money our beloved builders where kicked out so condo complexs and parking garages can be build. So gentlemen and women shut of your engines in a moment of silence for the loss of our heritage............and then FIRE EM UP, OPEN YOUR EXHAUST, MAKE EM ROAR SO THE WORLD CAN HEAR US, and Thank you to the families who built us the world we love.

Chris Eich
Hi-Lift Marina
I just got the chills reading this. It's a shame.
Old 01-23-2004, 05:27 PM
Registered

T-N-T,
Thank you for your comment, and thank you to all of you for your comments, it is nice to read how everyone feels. Please don't give up that mail box, We need to keep all items like that here on the Row. And to all those out there, T-N-T and us know it is a pain to get to us DO TO THE NO WAKE 3 MILES FROM THE NORTH OR THE SOUTH OF US!!!!!! But come say hi by boat, and remember everytime you start your boat, think of those who loved building your boats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Thunder Boat Row

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.