Like Tree0Likes

New England Members Sign In!!!

Old 02-10-2004, 11:00 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by Audiofn
There are lots of good spots to go to. Cranes Beach is a nice place to hang out. WATCH THE CURRENT THERE!!! It rips out the back side of the beach and you can be caught off guard and be left high and dry as the tide goes out. You can go through the anasquam river and out into Gloucester harbor. The one word of caution.... Gloucester harbor master and the coasties do NOT like performance boats so expect to be stopped. Especially as you go out of the restaraunts. There are a quite a few good places to eat right on the water. The studio and back in that area (Rocky Neck) have a bunch of good places to drop in for a bite. You can also tie up to the side of the Gloster House (aka The GLOHOE) and get some eats. DO NOT TIE UP TO THE DOCKS THERE!!! They are for the fishermen ONLY. Aparenly our tax dollars going to pay for the dock and thier supsidies does not allow us to use them!! But hey I am not bitter or anything
From there Next stop is Manchester. One of the best harbors on the east coats but not much to do in there.
Next stop from there is Beverly then Salem. Salem has a floating resturant/bar in the middle called the Rockmore. You can also tie up to designated mornings and get a ride in to town on the launch and hit the town of Salem. Fun place and lots of KILLER resturants of all price ranges.
Then I would say next stop is Boston. Again expect to get pulled over on the way into the harbor and out as well. From there we ussually go in to Tavern on the water. Fun place ussually not a problem with docking up and it is fun.
Down in Quincy you have Marina Bay. Marina bay has a ton of places to eat and have a few cold ones as well. Can be hard to find a place to dock but is worth the look

Hope that gives ya a few places to check out. If you want to we can get together out at Cranes and run up the coast. One place that I have never boated to so I do not know what the deal is was Rockport. Rockport is a dry town however so why bother going Seriously again lots of good eats and bunch of small shops and artist stuff if that floats your boat I am sure there are places to tie up.

Jon
Hey this is my backyard!! I am at either Crane's or Annisquam river most weekends - or the Rockmore.

Also, I spent 20 summers in Naples, ME, so I am familiar with Rick's cafe, Long Lake, Sebago, Brandy, etc. I actually learned how to boat on a lake called Tricky Pond off of 114. My folks still camp up there. I have been trying to talk my wife into heading up there for a weekend next summer.

We also have friends on Paugus Bay at Winni. Nice to hear from some other boaters in the NEarea.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:55 AM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 02 Cigarette Mystique T/S

Jaybird,

I live at the mouth of the Songo River in Naples, just inside from Brandy Pond. As a matter of fact, I crossed Trickey Pond on my smowmobile a few hours ago

Do I know you?

Kurt

Here's a pic of our Cig taken on the causeway in front of Ricks Cafe
Attached Thumbnails
New England Members Sign In!!!-scenic-flights-38-cigarette.jpg  

Last edited by Biggus; 02-11-2004 at 04:10 AM.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:40 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

My Boats: 1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454

How about March 6 or 13th for a get together at F1 of Boston? I can do either day and that will give the guys that are going to Miami some time to recuperate
Old 02-11-2004, 08:42 AM
Registered

Sounds good to me!
Old 02-11-2004, 09:31 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by Biggus
Jaybird,

I live at the mouth of the Songo River in Naples, just inside from Brandy Pond. As a matter of fact, I crossed Trickey Pond on my smowmobile a few hours ago

Do I know you?

Kurt

Here's a pic of our Cig taken on the causeway in front of Ricks Cafe
Hi Kurt,

We probably haven't met, as I have only been up to Naples a handful of times over the past ten years. But I do love it up there, and would like to get some land someday if it isn't too expensive at that point.

Just crossed Tricky huh? That's cool! Watch the camper trailers in there if you don't mind. Sometimes a-holes break into them in the winter, and my family has two of them up there.

Is Bray's brewing still there? I could go for a cold one now...

-Jason
Old 02-11-2004, 09:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: Looking $cash in hand$

Biggus, Nice ride......I'm in if not snowmobiling those weekends..
Old 02-11-2004, 10:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Lake Champlain - Frozen Solid right now.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:15 AM
Registered

Jason,

The snowmobile trail runs right through the campground. Yes, Brays is still the best micro brew around. I was in there Sunday. I really like thier "Brandy Pond Blonde"

If you get up this way look me up.

Kurt
Old 02-11-2004, 02:19 PM
Registered

Kurt,

I will look you up if I head up there this summer (I think we are). Glad to hear Brays is still going. I keep a frosty pint glass in the freezer from them at all times!

BTW - I just got my "real" membership here, so now I can see pics. Nice Cig!!
Old 02-16-2004, 07:32 PM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2004 SUNSATION 32'

West Springfield MA.
Boat on CT river in Northampton, And Lake Champlain VT