Fastest bad boys of OFFSHORE >

Fastest bad boys of OFFSHORE

Notices

Fastest bad boys of OFFSHORE

Old 01-14-2004, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Sun 288
If you are judging by top speed only, my vote is for Callen.

But I think that the reliability should be a factor in all of these piston powered boats. Sure they all run fast for the first 10 hours. Or maybe even the 75 hours (doubt full) as the warranty suggest. But these turbines just run and run and run! Your only worries are drives. Turbine are much more easy on drives to begin with, smooth constant power flow.

Extreme Exhibit came up to the thousand islands poker run last summer, wanted to get beside My Way. He did, wasn't as fast and then broke!

My Way didn't finish a poker run up hear till it was turbined!

So if speed is the only judging factor in this thread, fine. But I think the boats mentioned above, and to be mentioned, should be finishing the races the start. And that be taken into consideration.

Can the speed be done in bursts, or all day long?

My name is Jeff, these are my opinions
Sun 288 (Canada Jeff)
For two years now King Sting has been the fastest boat to start AND finish the 1000 Islands Poker Run. He ran faster than both MY WAY and EXTREME EXHIBIT. Both of them are GORGEOUS boats. I have to agree that the turbines have killer reliability. It is my understanding that the tranny's are weak link. Anyone have more definitive knowledge/experience?

However, there is still ONE and ONLY one boat that is my ALL TIME FAVORITE. And that belongs to none other than our very own 46tomcat TOM ABRAMS. His TOMCAT is the COOLEST pleasure boat around. (His race boat ain't to shabby either) The workmanship throughout the ENTIRE boat is IMPECCABLE! The attention to detail is second to none. Not to mention that he and his crew are some of the classiest and most cordial people on the poker run circuit.

Last edited by Shane; 01-14-2004 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:06 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by dyno
the turbines are in a class by themselves....my .02
Yes they are... it is impossible to get a recip to compete with a turbine in any way, especially in torque numbers.
If you even get close with one, it's a ticking time bomb. People may love the sound of all those thrashing parts, loud exhausts, and supercharger belts whining, but you'll spend a lot more money in the long run keeping one running when compared to a turbine, and still won't ever catch him.
Sun 288 is right- these huge horsepower piston boats are cool, but they rarely run for very long with having to do something to the engines.
You may not believe it, but once you've been around a turbine engine for a while, they are actually a lot easier to maintain. (the ones I work on are hot-sectioned at 2100 hours, overhauled at 4200)
Old 01-14-2004, 09:19 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Shane
For two years now King Sting has been the fastest boat to start AND finish the 1000 Islands Poker Run. He ran faster than both MY WAY and EXTREME EXHIBIT. Both of them are GORGEOUS boats.
I have to disagree with you there. My Way has been the first back the last two year. Way before others. Unless others didn't eat lunch and kept running. But with each drop of the flag, My Way was there with all others to leave the same time.

What is King Sting anyways?

P.S. the owner of My Way is my uncle, thats my source of info. Also was there to see the last legs the past 4 years! Nothing beat him back, Fact!
Old 01-14-2004, 09:47 AM
Registered

I have to disagree with you there. My Way has been the first back the last two year. Way before others. Unless others didn't eat lunch and kept running. But with each drop of the flag, My Way was there with all others to leave the same time.

What is King Sting anyways?

P.S. the owner of My Way is my uncle, thats my source of info. Also was there to see the last legs the past 4 years! Nothing beat him back, Fact!
Sun 288,

First, your Uncles place is nothing short of spectacular and his boat simply INCREDIBLE! Next to TOMCAT it is my favorite boat. The paint work is phenominal and the glass work for the turbine exhaust is something to marvel at.

King Sting is a 32 Skater with 1300 - 1400HP Saris Racing Engines. It was the poster boat I believe in 2002. Last year (2003) My Way hit something or had some sort of problem that forced him to return to his home and pull the boat out early. I believe he was taking on water. I did not say that King Sting was the first back, but they "raced" your uncle several times and pulled him each time. They have the video footage. That does not mean that your uncle was not the first to return, just that when they ran each other the little Skater with big power was faster. Most likely a power to weight ratio thing in relatively calm waters. I am in no way trying to start anything nor am I in any form saying ANYTHING negative about MY WAY. It is clearly one of the nicest and most exotic boats in the world. Please do not think I was saying anything derogatory whatsoever.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:59 AM
Registered

Not trying to start anything either, Just from what I have heard from Bill, Ron, and mulitple guest riders, that nothing was ever close. I'll have to ask about that boat.

Last year they did hit a shoal, and your right they did by past Gan to head home. #6 drive and a new Herring prop ordered that monday.

I'll let you know what I find out, I put in a call to the source!
Old 01-14-2004, 10:14 AM
Registered

Not trying to start anything either, Just from what I have heard from Bill, Ron, and mulitple guest riders, that nothing was ever close. I'll have to ask about that boat.

Last year they did hit a shoal, and your right they did by past Gan to head home. #6 drive and a new Herring prop ordered that monday.

I'll let you know what I find out, I put in a call to the source!
I hope they were able to get it fixed quickly. Cool, let me know what your sources say as compared to mine. Ya know listening to the ego's is always fun!
Old 01-14-2004, 11:53 AM
Registered

http://www.pair-a-dice-racing.com/home.htm

speeds of 200+
Old 01-14-2004, 12:36 PM
Registered

O.K. Shane, I was just talking with my source, Bill Tomlinson, owner of My Way, here is what he said

" King Sting is no where near us for speed, and any time he wishes to come up and run along side, tell him to bring a couple thousand dollars and we'll run!
Use my name and post that online!"

So I just did. Not trying to make a pissing contest here Shane, I was just qiute sure nothing has been passed My Way since it has run Turbines.

So after Callan, I vote My Way!

Sun 288 = Canada Jeff

Old 01-14-2004, 12:45 PM
Registered

Jeff,

I believe the boat is for sale if not sold as he has recently ordered a Van Dam. But I will pass it along. Seems like it got your uncle hot under the collar. Not the intention at all. My appologies. Guess you and I should leave the dueling to the BIG GUNS!
Old 01-14-2004, 01:00 PM
Registered

No apologies needed, no one up here is hot, Just like to settle things, you know.
The way I see it, when some one spends as much time, thought, innovation, and money, into a passion we all share, and does very well with that passion, it can get annoying when others try and dethrone you. Or to take you success and gage them selfs better, untruthfully.

Thats all. Lets continue with the thread.

Quick Reply: Fastest bad boys of OFFSHORE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.