Notices

Who wants to be rich?

Old 01-14-2004, 10:45 AM
Just Say N2O

Default Who wants to be rich?

I can't believe this. Some people must be falling for it, because I seem to get one of these a week.

This time, to make it seem more legit perhaps, they used more specific info.

Sir/Madam

Though I know that a transaction of this magnitude will make anyone apprehensive and worried, but I am assuring you that everything will be well at the end of the successful execution of this business. I have decided to contact you due to the urgency of this transaction. Let me start by introducing myself properly to you.

I am Mr. Kabongo Ngoya, an external auditor of Ned credit Bank Johannesburg, South Africa.

THE PROPOSITION:
A french man, Late Engr.Peter claude (Snr) a merchant, formerly working with Witwatersrand Johannesbourg Gold Mine, Johannesburg South Africa, until his death years ago in Kenya AirBus (A310 - 304)Flight KQ431, he banked with Ned Credit Bank,
Johannesbourg and had a closing balance as at the end of September 2000, money worth $30,800.000.00 (Thirty Million eight hundred United State Dollars), this is aside the accrued interest so far from that date, and the bank now expects his next of kin / beneficiary to
come up for claims of his estate. Valuable efforts are being made by the bank to get in touch with any of the Claude's family or relatives but to no success.

It is because of the perceived possibility of not being able to locate any of the Late Engr. Jean Claude Pierre's next of kin because, (he had no wife nor children that is
known to us), that the Management of the bank under the influence of her Chairman and most Members of the Board of Directors, are of the opinion that the fund be decleared "Unclaimed" and subsequentlly donated to the South African trust fund for the acquisition of arms and ammunition to further enhance the course of War in Africa and the World in General.

In order to avert this negative development, I and some of my trusted colleagues now seek your willingness and readiness to have you stand in as the next of kin to the late Engr. Jean Claude Pierre (Snr.) so that the fund will be released and paid into your account as the beneficiary / next of kin. The need for a foreigner to stand as next of kin in this transaction is occasioned by the fact that, the customer (Engr.Claude ) was a foreigner, therefore, a Local person here in my country cannot stand as the next of kin so as to avoid suspicion.

All documents and proofs to enable you get this fund will be carefully worked out.

However, we have secured from the probate registry,an order of MANDAMUS in order to locate any of the deceased's beneficiary(ies) and more so, I am assuring you that this deal is 100% Risk Free. Furthermore, your share will be 30% of the total sum, 10% will be set
aside after the transaction, to cover all the cost that will be incured by both parties in the course of making this venture a success, while the rest will be for myself and my colleagues for investment purposes, according to agreement between both parties.

Alhough, I intend to invest some part of my own share into financing of charity organisations.

I shall arrange to make the name of beneficiary in your favour both in the bank and also with the Probate Registry in the Department Of Justice of the Government of South Africa. Therefore, to enable the immediate transfer of this fund to you as will be arranged, upon the receipt of your positive response to this proposal, I will issue to you a partnership agreement bond which if you agree to it's contents. We shall commence the transaction by sending a draft application first to you which you will re-write and send to the bank. I will send it to you through email or by fax. Accept my warm regards as I await your response. God bless.

Sincerely,

Mr. Kabongo Ngoya

Old 01-14-2004, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What??? I'ts South Africa now and not Nigeria? I just get a kick out of these e-mail scams... too much
Old 01-14-2004, 11:50 AM
Offshore Addiction

And people actually fall for it- now that is stupid....

Old 01-14-2004, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell yeah, I'm in. Jean Claude and I were big boating buddies, so I might as well accept some of his money and buy a 40 ft skater with turbines in his honor. What was the number? I am faxing him the sh** right now.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:29 PM
Registered

maybe i don't have enough of a criminal mind, but what can someone do with if they had your name, address and you bank account number?

I would imagine they would attempt to make an electronic withdraw to an account they set up. but Wouldn't that be tracked by an IP address, and wouldn't you have thier bank account that they transferred it to in-order to hunt them down? and dont you need ID to open a (fake) bank account? and what kind of transfer software do they have to access your account?

forgive me for not being a criminal, but someone explain how this all works.....if someone was dumb enough to give thier info.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:34 PM
Registered

Mr. Kabongo oh man HA HA HA HA HA HA
Old 01-14-2004, 01:44 PM
Registered

Hello people of America... richest country in the world... my name is Mr. Boom Shaka Laka.... I want to send you money....... all I need is a small processing fee.... just 200.00 dollars.... preferably American dollars..... and I will make you rich beyond your dreams! yeah.... right Oh... and please pass this e-mail on to at least ten of your dearest friends so that they may experience the wealth also...... This really works! yeah yeah yeah.... blah blah blah......
Old 01-14-2004, 02:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Every Old person in the world, comes into my office asking about them letters
Old 01-14-2004, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

you all laugh, but I acted upon one of these solicitations a couple of years ago and now I am e-mailing you from my beach house in Bora Bora....

N O T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2004, 03:06 PM
Registered

Who wants to be rich?
Don't get me wrong, I like Rich and he sure knows allot about boats. But I think I'll stick with being Brian....what was this thread about...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.