Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Some of you asked about the now EX-roomate...... >

Some of you asked about the now EX-roomate......

Notices

Some of you asked about the now EX-roomate......

Old 01-14-2004, 04:59 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some of you asked about the now EX-roomate......

I asked him to move out on Dec. 28th.... a Sunday. He was pretty much out in 20 minutes, *****ing up a storm, asking who I was on the phone with talking chit about him (was on the phone with my mother, who just happened to call while he was packing). Told him to watch his mouth while I was on the phone with my mom..... "yeah, sure it's your mom" he said. Whatever. He stormed out of the house. Came back Tuesday night with his little beotch girlfriend of his and another buddy (who is in complete sympathy with me). He and the kiddy never said ONE word to me in about an hour of moving his stuff. Not a single word. Fock them!!!

For those of you new to this, in the 4 months he lived with me, he paid me a total of $225 in rent. We agreed to $50 a week, payable EVERY Friday. Then he lost his job, so I agreed to help him as much as I could. Got a new, better paying job in less than 2 weeks, but I still got no rent. Then, on the 28th, I came home and my cordless phone was smashed into many pieces. I'm sure this happened while argueing with her on the phone (they did this often!). I've seen him punch holes in walls (mine are plaster, go ahead and try!, punch street signs, and nearly punch one of his girlfriends. Temper is really bad. When I confronted him about the phone, he lied, said it fell off the phone stand (about 2' high). He even had the audacity to say "Well, you never use it anyway." Like that makes it o.k.??? I told him to buy a new phone, give me $175 by the 31st, or take his temper and move out. He left.

On a better note, I talked to him this past weekend for a while on the phone. He seems to have calmed down. Moved in with his parents. He has not returned my house key yet, and I told him in no uncertain terms, that if he entered my house without my consent at ANY TIME, I would call the police and report him as breaking and entering. He seemed to take this to heart. A little while later he called back asking if he could stop by and get his boots from the basement so he could take his son sledding. I was not home, but told him that would be fine.... I really would like to salvage some sort of friendship with him.... we were best friends before he moved in with me, and before he started dating the little 19 year old girl (who runs his life, in my opinion). He has pretty much alienated every one of his friends for her. None of us like her at all. She is a controlling, complaining, VERY jealous little child, and I could NOT deal with her if I was paid to!!! She must really know how to sling it if you know what I mean. I have several things near each of my doors that he would most likely step on, move, or simply not see that he disturbed if he were to come in.

There you have it.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:07 PM
Registered

Sounds like little honey pie may have gotten buddy playing in the cocaine scene to me. Bummer.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:07 PM
Registered

I think I would still change the locks just for a little more comfort of mind. Not to mention, you would stand on a better leg legally if he came back and entered the house. Right now, he can argue that he is still allowed since he still has a key.... If the locks are changed and he does not have a key, he would have to literally break in. There is no doubt that he is not allowed at that point. Just my suggestion coming from a police viewpoint.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:09 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Mike I thought you changed the locks..... well good luck....
Old 01-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I just don't have the cash to go and change 4 locks right now. I know that sounds cheap, but it's the hard truth. Layed off for the two weeks around the holidays..... it hurts every year.

Anyway, he's not smart enough to know anything about the REAL law. He's been in jail a couple of times and I know he doesn't want to go back. Simply threatening will suffice to keep him out.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

And, my mother was on the phone with me when I asked him to return the key the night he left. She asked me if he returned it, I said he didn't. So I guess I kinda have a witness, sort of.

'Foul
Old 01-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Always change your locks. and buy a Gun
Old 01-14-2004, 10:28 PM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

What if his girlfriend gets him all riled up and his temper starts flying and she convinces him (you said she was controlling) that it's your fault he got kicked out. He then goes to your place and trashes it cause he still has a key. Yeah, he goes to jail but what does it cost you? Alot more than changing the locks. I"m in agreement with the others...change the locks.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:31 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

You all don't seem to understand:

NO MONEY. I haven't even made a mortgage payment yet this month!!! Layoff's suck. Part of the problem is the hike in utilities while he was here. Double the water, double the sewer, rise in the gas bill, etc... Now I'm stuck with those too.

NO MONEY
Old 01-14-2004, 10:32 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Oh, and she is afraid of me. Big time.

Quick Reply: Some of you asked about the now EX-roomate......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.