Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
calling all canadian boaters. >

calling all canadian boaters.

Notices

calling all canadian boaters.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another Canuck here. I have a 30' Velocity with twin supercharged 800 hp gas suckers. I live in Sarnia ON and do most of my boating in lake Huron or down the river to lake Erie and Muskamoot bay with the odd Jobby Nooner thown in for good luck. Andy...
Old 04-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Welcome Fountain 382000!

I live in Windsor, ON and do most of my boating on the Detroit River and Lake St. Clair.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Registered

Hope you all can join in on the Georgian Bay lap this August! Should be AWESOME!

Also, I'm planning on the Rice Lake poker run in September. From the shots I've seen it looks like a blast!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Registered

We run a 42 Sonic out of Kingston, Ontario. Sold the Formula last year. Might do a Poker Run or 2 this year now that we have the LOA.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by freshwaterfiend
Hope you all can join in on the Georgian Bay lap this August! Should be AWESOME!

Also, I'm planning on the Rice Lake poker run in September. From the shots I've seen it looks like a blast!
i was looking into the rice lake run. what kinda boats typically show up at that? how far do they usually go? its only about an hour and a bit from toronto correct?
Old 04-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jeff P31
You can look at the bike's while bar hopping. The only way into town is by bike or boat. if you come by bike be prepared to get checked out by the cops!!!!!!!!!!! Best to bring a dd or stay over lots of cops i mean lotttttsssss
i dont own a bike, so that makes boat the only way. is there anywhere to launch around there? how about hotels for the night?
Old 04-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Perlmudder
i was looking into the rice lake run. what kinda boats typically show up at that? how far do they usually go? its only about an hour and a bit from toronto correct?
yep....its a little over an hour from Toronto.....everything shows up there.....pontoon boats to 160mph.....the run is 115 miles long......great time
Old 04-28-2008, 11:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
yep....its a little over an hour from Toronto.....everything shows up there.....pontoon boats to 160mph.....the run is 115 miles long......great time
i dont even think my boat has a 115 mile range!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Perlmudder
i dont even think my boat has a 115 mile range!
gas is available at various card stops onthe run.......no prob

get your buddy RHR to bring his Skater......burn his gas. LOL!

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 04-29-2008 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This year will be the first Bruce Nicole Memorial Rice Lake Charity Poker Run in honour of our friend Brucie. We lost Putz to brain cancer earlier this year Bruce was the heart and sole of this event for 18 years. Please do come and honour his efforts by supporting the Children's Wish Foundation and having a great time doing so.

Now, as to what kind of boats show up? STV's, Hydrostreams, J crafts, Ciggies, Eliminators, Nor Techs,Outer Limits, Scarabs, you name it, its there. 40mph to 150 mph beasts. We average 50 boats for this event every year. Cheap to enter. Great run for the boats and the party atmosphere and commaraderie is second to none. There's a reason this event has happened every year since 1989. The attendees love it. Multiple speed groups. Very knowledgable group lead boats and strict no f'in around or drinking rules make it a very safe and fun event.

Best poker run in Canada IMHO and I have definately been to loads of them. Matter of fact, I have done Rice Lake 16 times. Missed it twice due to medical reasons or I would have a perfect attendance record.

The length of the run averages around 100 miles, some years a little longer, some a little shorter. Fuel is available at the start, lunch, second card stop, 4th card stop so range isn't really a problem.

The run up and down the infamous Ottonabe river is worth the price of admission alone right guys?

Quick Reply: calling all canadian boaters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.