Notices

Get Out Now!!!!!

Old 01-15-2004, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll just stay here in SoCal and shovel sunshine....
Old 01-15-2004, 10:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Mr. Demeanor
Looking just north of Tampa to Fort Meyers. Looking for 10+ acres within 15 miles of the coast so wife can have her horses, I can have my boat and a big shop for the rest of the toys. So far Ive found property in Ruskin, Parrish, Myakka, Spring Hill to name a few. Now have to check out the areas in person and see what we like.

For those who have followed my attempt to find a place from Michigan to Florida, this winter has proven harder on my 6 surgerie spine than I would have imagined so back south we go...
Debbie and I were out last Saturday looking for something very similar to what you are looking for. We went just east of Tampa to the Lake Thonotossassa area. There is still some room out there and the prices aren't rediculous. We looked at 3.68 acres for $89k. The best thing is you are only about 45 minutes to the gulf, and it's all interstate. It's where I 4 and I 75 cross. I want to move there because I travel so much for work. It would save me three hours a day when I have to go to Orlando, which is quite often. I think it would be worth you checking into.

If you get down this way and the weather is nice, drop me a line and maybe we can take you out to get a taste of the area's boating. It's great!
Old 01-15-2004, 10:58 PM
Registered

I don't know why you southerns don't like the north. I mean tomorrow is going to be beautiful.

WBZ 4 First Alert Doppler forecast for January 15th, 2004

OVERNIGHT: Mostly clear the first half of the night except risk of bands of snow showers continuing on the outer Cape. WIND CHILL WARNING The northwesterly wind will occasionally howl at 20-45mph creating dangerous wind chills feeling like 25 to 40 below zero! Record low temperatures everywhere as it bottoms out at -9 to -18 north and west of Boston to -8 in the city to -5 on Cape Cod except near zero on the outermost Cape.

FRIDAY: FRIGID...Widespread record low temperatures of -5 to -20 to start the day and coupled with the 20-45mph wind, DANGEROUS windchill temperatures of -25 to -40 will exist!. It will be partly sunny and the wind will decrease a bit in the afternoon. Highs 7-12 north and west of Boston to 12-16 Boston south to Cape Cod.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:09 PM
Mr. Demeanor

Cuda, shoot me an email at [email protected]
Maybe you can tell me a few things about the area. If you like, send a phone number.
Thanks, Chris

Old 01-16-2004, 06:35 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Troutly

I also cannot stand the oppressive heat and humidity, which places like Floriduh have for far too many months out of the year
That's what they invented air conditioning for!
Old 01-16-2004, 06:49 AM
Registered

I've had it! I'm coming down. -2 degrees today. WTF am I doing up North???!!!!
Old 01-16-2004, 08:10 AM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

I'll see you guys in the spring, making my way down as we speak. Got the job, just need to sell the house (anybody want Jersey Shore Waterfront with boat lift)

I love the Jersey shore, 3-4 months out of the year...
Old 01-16-2004, 08:18 AM
Registered

Quote from Troutly:
I also cannot stand the oppressive heat and humidity, which places like Floriduh have for far too many months out of the year

But, can you say......"OCEAN BREEZE?!?!??!"
Old 01-16-2004, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, here is my last post in this thread,

I Love New England, I grew up there, and still have family there,

Here are the 2 main reasons I moved South,

1. Look at all the pretty leaves turning colors, now lets go home and spend 2 days raking them off the friggin yard, just to have the neighbors leaves blow back in tomorrow.

2. Look honey its snowing!!! How pretty, now get out there in the 10 degrees with 20 MPH winds, and shovel all that Sh8t off the driveway, so I can go shopping.

OK honey, get right on it, no big deal.

30 minutes later.....

Ahhh, almost done, just got the bottom of the driveway left, then I can go sit in front of the fire, and watch some football.

10 minutes later..........

O.K., Just one more scoop, and I am done, whats that grumbling noise???? Oh Sh8t, its the plow guy!!!!

Mother Focker, all that sh8ts back in the driveway!!!!!

O.K., Just one more scoop, and I am done, whats that grumbling noise???? Oh Sh8t, its the plow guy!!!!

Mother Focker, all that sh8ts back in the driveway!!!!!

nuff said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2004, 08:27 AM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

In all seriousness,

It is just too expensive vs. the benefits for us at this point. Especially if you live for the boat and beach. I'm over the top funding state government, out of control local municipalities and school boards with not interest in accoutability, insurance companies who have claimed at operating at a loss, blah blah blah.

I really do love where I live, it's just that the ante has been upped every year I have lived and worked here. After a while you lay it all out and make a decision to finad another game with better odds, not perfect, just better odds.

Why do you think companies are running out of the NY/NJ area also?

It's called reaching a point of diminishing returns.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.