Like Tree0Likes

APACHE ... "What should you buy?"

Reply
Old 01-18-2004, 10:03 AM
  #11
The Illustrious One
Charter Member
 
sean stinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Internationally Famous
My Boats: Back on the dock!!!!!!!
Posts: 3,272
Default Re: APACHE ... "What should you buy?"

Quote:
Originally posted by LEOPAJM
Well here we are a couple years down the road ... Apache hasn't built a new boat yet and it doesn't seem like too many have changed hands out there either ???

Yet ... whenever there's ANY mention of Apache on here the natives get restless and the place goes NUTS (and alot of the most vocal don't even own one !?!?!?

So I'm surfin around this am and I zip thru the classifieds to find a ton of Apaches for sale (two whole pages) and I know there's a bunch of guys runnin around lookin to buy one .... so what gives ??? Do the guys that are selling stuck at too high a price ??? Or is my buddy from the south on to something when he says ... " Aw nobody wants to actually run these things DAMMIT ... they just want to hang around the bar and talk about it !!!"

Well ??????
Well here's my .02...I have personally owned a few of these boats and currently do not have one, BUT I am going to have another one as soon as money permits.

The people that are most vocal about buying one I have personally told them of many great deals and then the excuses start some of which are viable and most very petty. The petty ones could be easily fixed or you could just put on a pair of sunglasses as most of these boats are very loud which is how most were created. That being said most of the people that want one couldn't really afford the upkeep because it is expensive to do it. When I ran Geronimo for instance for 2 hours of running it took about 6 hrs (as a general rule of thumb) of clean up and other stuff to put it away until next time. So now if you don't want to deal with that you need to get someone that will CORRECTLY take care of that for you. Both cost money not an exorbitant amount but still enough.

Also these things seem to run in cycles when they become available and they seem to run in 2-3 year cycles. That is what probably explains a lot of them popping up for sale currently.

I hope this helps to explain some of the insanity that is happening now.

Sean
__________________
Dying,....Is the day worth living for!!!!!!
sean stinson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:04 AM
  #12
Charter Member #71
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Long Island,N.Y.
Posts: 1,365
Default

Hey Sean !

I bought one that you personally did some work on !

I'm impressed
WesSmith is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:05 AM
  #13
Registered
 
later's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chesterfield Mo/Loto
My Boats: 98 42 fountain twin 500's
Posts: 1,355
Default

the Apache name in offshore does have a mystic around it thats for sure, but what i believe it comes down to is the fact that it is a 10-20 yr old boat that in many cases needs alot of TLC, is hard to finance and insure. I would love to have a ride in a Apache so that i could experience first hand what the feel is. I have looked at a few over the past couple yrs and each one would have needed conciderable $$ put into the boat to end up with a reliable and cosmetically attractive boat ( updated interior, paint etc. ) .
later
later is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:07 AM
  #14
Charter Member #71
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Long Island,N.Y.
Posts: 1,365
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by later
the Apache name in offshore does have a mystic around it thats for sure, but what i believe it comes down to is the fact that it is a 10-20 yr old boat that in many cases needs alot of TLC, is hard to finance and insure. I would love to have a ride in a Apache so that i could experience first hand what the feel is. I have looked at a few over the past couple yrs and each one would have needed conciderable $$ put into the boat to end up with a reliable and cosmetically attractive boat ( updated interior, paint etc. ) .
later

I agree and disagree...I had no difficulty with financing and Bob Luellen hooked me up with a pretty good deal on insurance.
WesSmith is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:08 AM
  #15
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member
 
R Addiction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Pa.
My Boats: '99 Active Thunder Tantrum
Posts: 20,687
Default

Hey Sean , Have you talked to Ike yet? Give me some inside info....what's he looking at?

P.S. I am his brother...It's a need to know thing!!!
R Addiction is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:12 AM
  #16
The Illustrious One
Charter Member
 
sean stinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Internationally Famous
My Boats: Back on the dock!!!!!!!
Posts: 3,272
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by R Addiction
Hey Sean , Have you talked to Ike yet? Give me some inside info....what's he looking at?

P.S. I am his brother...It's a need to know thing!!!
Sent him a PM and haven't heard back from him.
__________________
Dying,....Is the day worth living for!!!!!!
sean stinson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:12 AM
  #17
Registered
 
lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Miami, FL
My Boats: 41 apache
Posts: 1,359
Default

lucy merc special is being repowered as we type.the cost is heavy.most are sold when they get tired.fortunatly we invested in xtra power instead of graphics.to repower from scatch heap big bucks and a lot of down time.240 hours is what we got out of new 800sc.leaned #7 on the pump motor.we hope to be running in a week.3 week down time......

cya lucy........
Attached Thumbnails
APACHE ... "What should you buy?"-mm.jpg  
lucy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:13 AM
  #18
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member
 
R Addiction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Pa.
My Boats: '99 Active Thunder Tantrum
Posts: 20,687
Default

36................47.................22........... ..?
R Addiction is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:13 AM
  #19
The Illustrious One
Charter Member
 
sean stinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Internationally Famous
My Boats: Back on the dock!!!!!!!
Posts: 3,272
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Wes Smith
Hey Sean !

I bought one that you personally did some work on !

I'm impressed
Well thank you. I am sending you a PM as we speak here.

Sean
__________________
Dying,....Is the day worth living for!!!!!!
sean stinson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:33 AM
  #20
Registered
 
WARPAINT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Northeast MD
My Boats: 1994 36 Apache
Posts: 1,606
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by lucy
lucy merc special is being repowered as we type.the cost is heavy.most are sold when they get tired.fortunatly we invested in xtra power instead of graphics.to repower from scatch heap big bucks and a lot of down time.240 hours is what we got out of new 800sc.leaned #7 on the pump motor.we hope to be running in a week.3 week down time......

cya lucy........

Whats on the sling.Formula or Chris craft Stinger?
WARPAINT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
bobo1
OPA/The Jersey Boyz
0
04-23-2008 08:36 PM
cbeastwood
General Boating Discussion
36
10-24-2007 02:59 PM
electrical1
General Q & A
11
11-09-2006 09:51 AM
mikesufka
General Boating Discussion
8
12-26-2002 12:23 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.