Like Tree0Likes

How was Reggie & the COPS party

Old 01-26-2004, 10:32 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2002 Cigarette Top Gun TS ; 2004 26 Sonic Prowler

Ditto on all the above comments! Enjoyed finally putting some faces with their screen names.
Jack hell of a job!
Smilin' Bob is the host w/ the most!
Reggie was cool!
I'll be doin' a couple of runs with you guys (COPS) this year (if I can keep up!)
Steve -
Old 01-26-2004, 10:39 PM
Registered

My Boats: 41 apache

Jack, sorry we missed the party!!!
Attached Thumbnails
How was Reggie & the COPS party-benkramer-lucy.jpg  
Old 01-26-2004, 11:25 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1994 36 Apache

Lucy, i can almost see your belly button.Who is your handsome friend
Old 01-27-2004, 01:23 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1997 35' Fountain

Quote:
Originally posted by Waterfoul
Anyone remember what Reggie said about Lake Michigan?!?!?!?!?! ROUGH.
Reggie said that Lake Michigan and the Great Lakes are the roughest water he has been in. I personally wish it wasn't true. I'd love some of the gentle waves they get on the coasts.

Dan
Old 01-27-2004, 01:37 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1997 35' Fountain

Quote:
Originally posted by cashbrain
Reggie was supposed to be at the party for a short speech and stayed for an hour and a half...he told me that he really enjoyed our group...
He had lots of stuff to cover. I wish we had video taped his speech. I think Kilo record came up a few times!!! Sounds like the mark is going to be raised by a large amount very shortly. It would be great to see OL and Reggie go back and fourth with the record. They both build great boats and the real winners are the consumers.

I really like the idea of Fountain becoming more involved in Poker runs and runs in general. It's a way a company can give back to the sport of performance boating that will actually benefit there customers.

Dan
Old 01-27-2004, 06:43 AM
Ajax

Old 01-27-2004, 09:02 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2001 Top Gun T/S, 2002 Gladiator

Quote:
Originally posted by lucy
Jack, sorry we missed the party!!!
Boy, he sure looks happy.......
Old 01-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Consintracy
I'm H.U.N.G.O.V.E.R!!!!!
LMAO- I had the same problem Tracy!!!

It was great meeting everyone! I had a blast and am looking forward to doing it again soon!!!!!

Terra
Old 01-27-2004, 10:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: A boat?....What boat??? How about a galvarnized warsh tub wit a toranady strapped own da rear!

I attended the party as well. I remember Reggie mentioning something about participating in more POKER RUNS in Lake Michigan and the Great Lakes area.

I also remember Reggie mentioning something about getting all of us in one of his boats---I don't think I am interested in purchasing a Fountain, but it was very nice to hear Reggie speak about some of the history, and developement of offshore boating. I believe he is a true competitor and one of the icons in the history and legends of offshore boating. I really enjoyed listening to what he had to say.

I had a very enjoyable time at the party (thanks again Jack), but I wasn't able to meet everyone. I won a pair of boating goggles in the raffle that was held while there.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:56 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

My Boats: 1989 10 mtr Fountain

Hey Kaama........... My wife pulled your name out of the raffle bowl, she also pulled mine too, and I got the same pair of googles like you. They are REALLY nice!!! No...... it was'nt fixed, if it was, I would have won that great big framed picture of Reggies race boat with his autograph on it. That might have looked fishy. (LOL) I just had to ask him during his Q & A session about the rumors of the OL and Fountain grudge race. I was really suprised he went into such details about it. I thought he might've said somethin like, well maybe, or yeah sometime in the future, or we'll see. He is a very down to earth kind of guy, and answered everyone's questions with professionalism and to great lenght. There were no questions left unanswered. I think if we would of had more questions, Reggie, Wyatt, and Pilott would have stayed longer. When my wife & I first walked in, Jack introduced us to Wyatt & Reggie and told him of the 10 mtr Fountain that we now own. He shook our hands and said he was very pleased to meet us after talking to me on the phone and me sending his secretary Betty, all the new pics of the boat. He also said " I remember the first time we ran that boat, hell, it ran over 110 and then some." Jack started laughin and said " IT STILL DOES " When he talked about the boats he builds and their quality he mentioned that he knows of his boats that are 15 yrs old, that still look new, and run over 100 mph, do you think he was talkin about our executioner? We had a lengthy conversation and I see him as a true asset to the sport of offshore. Eventho I know he has bitter feelings toward Michael Alwise, he NEVER bad rapped him, and only told us of the limitations and restrictions that Alwise inflicted on Reggie and ONLY Reggie. I can't believe he was soo curtious toward that man. I personally know what I would have said about him, but Reggie was nothin but professional.
All in all, this event was something that myself and everyone that attended it will remember for a LONG time. I think we all owe Jack (cashbrain) a well desirved THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! He really goes out to make sure that we all have a wonderful time and each and every one of us enjoys ourselves in every event that he holds. Cash brain, another true asset to the sport of offshore. I just wish we could talk him into putting together another outing before the summer because I really did'nt have a chance to get to meet alot of the people here on the board. Still can't put a face to alot of the avitars. The next get to gether, we should ALL introduce ourselves so that everyone will know exactly who everyone else is. Thanks again Jack
Frank & Lois
www.chicagopowerboat.com