Notices

Cell phone cancelation

Old 01-26-2004, 01:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an AT&T phone, and get AT&T bills, but I cannot seem to get this AT&T service everyone is talking about.
Cant say enough bad things about them! So I wont start!
Old 01-26-2004, 06:10 AM
DIAMONDPERFORMA

Talked to AT&T and they said it would cost $175.00 too get out of the contract,it ends in Sept.

Old 01-26-2004, 08:46 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

I just got out of my AT&T 2yr contract The problem i had with them is their coverage around ny house sucked!!! Plus with their GSM service when you got out of the coverage zone it didnt roam at all!!! no service at all! So i first kindly explained to them when they were selling me on this plan that no one eplained the coverage areas to me....during my phone calls to them i got dropped twice!!! every time got a different person!! had to explain to each one what was going on.......every tech had some diffferent answer or explination.....i finaly just wanted who ever was at the top right there and then......then i told them they will be switching me to a month by month setup till i find a new carrier. When they said they cant do that i told them since they cant give me consistant service and did not disclose all the details of this service they breached their contract with me!!! The guy had no reply to that one! i was then going to say they would hear from my lawyer if they didnt do what i wanted but thankfully it never got that far and they cancled my 2yr contract and put me on month to month.......I now have Nextel and so far it Blows AT&T out of the water! And for that matter every other cell company ive had in the past! We will see how long this lasts though......in about 6month is when usually things start to happen!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 01-26-2004, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PackinAir- Call me when you can-770-431-5901

Roger
Old 01-26-2004, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by DIAMONDPERFORMA
Talked to AT&T and they said it would cost $175.00 too get out of the contract,it ends in Sept.
If complaining about their service doesn't work then get out early and pay it. Otherwise, to pay for basic service until September you will pay more than $175 (this assumes their basic plan is $20 including taxes and fees)