Tell me about Florida, the Carolinas, and Georgia >

Tell me about Florida, the Carolinas, and Georgia

Notices

Tell me about Florida, the Carolinas, and Georgia

Old 01-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been to Africa, not even close... don't start with the bugs either.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:04 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

West coast of FL gets the bugs because we get the ocean breeze, then we have big fans that blow the bugs back into the everglades and to the west coast.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 01-26-2004, 06:35 PM
Registered

Also being from the North, any place in the South would be great... However, I know I was thinking of Florida in the future, however I think I would miss the seasons that we have here in PA. With that said, I'm now thinking Carolina's, still have a very long boating season and cool(Not freezing ass northern cold) winters.

Good luck to you!!!
Old 01-26-2004, 06:44 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I'ts snowing right now here. Sure you don't want to move up here where the water doesn't have any salt in it??
Old 01-26-2004, 06:57 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Tim G.
West coast of FL gets the bugs because we get the ocean breeze, then we have big fans that blow the bugs back into the everglades and to the west coast.
Tim is correct, we get the gulf stream so our summers are milder(compaired to other parts) our winters are warmer and very few bitting, flying bugs(Southeast Florida). Cost is higher and the water is seldom flat like Ft Meyers. There is alot to do, plus we have the World Champs "The Marlins" average attendence just over 5000.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn.... cockroaches? And to think when I was last in Miami... my friend told me that was a "palmetto bug" racing across her kitchen counter.... looked like a big roach to me.... but what do I know... Doesn't matter where you go... bugs will follow... It's bug central here in Los Angeles... anywhere it doesn't freeze... bugs play year round.. breed year round. You get used to it... they smash just as good here as where it freezes...
Old 01-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Too Old

Anyplace else, South Carolina.....think refrigerators on the front porch, pregnant barefoot women married to their toothless second cousin and homes that saw paint at the turn of the century. And I don't mean 2000.
Hey Too old.... my grandparents were from South Carolina.... Small town near Lake Moultrie..... So.... should I take offense to your remark about inbreeding? Roflmao.... they were cousins too! hahahahahahahahahahaha They had all there teeth though!
Old 01-26-2004, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dockrocker. GO FOR IT! I along with many others say south west FL Clearwater to Ft. Myers. That includes Sarasota St Pete Port Charlotte New Port Richy ok so that is a little north of Clearwater. House can still be had for a good price. My dad has a house on St. Petes Beach. You can get a nice place in Shoreacers for 200+ or a cannal home in Port Charlotte for about that. I will be moving that way soon as my damn house sells here in Seattle. Georgia NO WAY! PM me if you have any Q's I might be able to answer. Rag's
Attached Thumbnails Tell me about Florida, the Carolinas, and Georgia-fl-canal.jpg  
Old 01-26-2004, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Move to FL. some water fron is not that bad in areas like off the Manatee river in Ellenton and not the getto either. Sold our 2500 sqr foot home for under 300 with canal axcess and a dock. Still good buys there and close to tampa for a comute. The weather on the sarasota side has a nice breeze but can get humid but the temp in the 3 years that was there constant didn't get over 100. Just some info. Also if you need a realator there I can give you some good referals. If you dont need to be on the water check out lakewood ranch or Panther ridge. Good schools and nice subdivisions.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:39 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Waterfoul
All three of those states have HUGE mosquitos!!! And cockroaches.... you don't want to know about them!!!

Oh, and in the summer, it's REALLY hot. Like Africa hot!!
Are you saying there's NO mosquitos in Mitchigan in the summer? No roaches either?........Hmmm!

Summers here are never over 98 degrees and never do we have over 90% humidity..........unless it's thunderstorming! ...............as a matter of fact, I wish it was this hot right now................we would have about 5,000,000 less people here!

Quick Reply: Tell me about Florida, the Carolinas, and Georgia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.