No Wake in any coves at LOTO!!! >

No Wake in any coves at LOTO!!!

Notices

No Wake in any coves at LOTO!!!

Old 01-27-2004, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by LutzParty
the stinkin Jet Skis aka lake lice from coves, they are the core of the problem in stirring up the water in the coves and cause of most accidents
Best statement I've heard in a long time! "Lice" very fitting as well!

More than once I'll had to get off the sticks and even turn to avoid the little ba$tards.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:34 PM
Awesome35

Last I read boats under 26' can make wakes in the coves.The rules are for 26' & above. I hate the dumb ass's coming in my cove from all over & tearin stuff up,but not real sure I want this kind of legislation.

Old 02-02-2004, 12:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Length makes no difference. That makes no sense. Once again, idiots are running the show.

I know in Pittsburgh, we have a no wake zone on weekends, holidays and special events around the point. By no wake means cruise through at idle speed. Even a five inch ripple will get you stopped. Believe me I know. And there were only two other boats out that night. One of which was the fish and boat commision.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:33 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Welcome to our nightmare in FL, (Manatee Zones)!!!!
We wish you guys the best of luck in trying to stop this BS, BUT it will be an uphill battle if someone has a legislator's ear!
MD
Old 02-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Registered

Most boaters show some respect and slow down in my cove. The people I have the most often have the issues with are the fishermen. They want it to be still with no noise when they throw in their line but blow out of the cove like there is no tomorrow when they want to move on. I am not aware of many fishing boats in the Ozarks over 26 feet.
One time while down on my dock someone threw their line at my neighbors boat so it would drop right at the dock. If someone nails my boat with a fishing line I am going to blast them with paint balls. Many of them have no problem invading your space fishing within a few feet of you when you are on your dock and throwing out lines with jugs attached all around the Lake.
My only satisfaction is watching the little bastages try to handle the waves on a busy weekends.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 241 Posts
Default Wakes

I have to agree and disagree with some of the statements above.
First: I do not think that some of this legislation will pass.I will not tip my hand yet on which parts. But my sorces tell me it is already losing some support.
Second: Limiting the size of boats that can and cannot create a wake is basically STUPID, from my location 12mm second house from point; it is not the size or style of craft, it is the I don't give a f$&k attitude of the operators. I don's mind some wave action, My dock is built for it. But when I am trying to pull in/out back off a little and give me a break.
Cruisers come in with the 12 point plow attached, lake lice towing kids with no lookout and bass boats that think they are excused from the rules.
I could go on, but do not have the whole day to discuss it.
I personally try to slow down in every cove to be courteous, but sometimes I don't. If it is posted no wake, I idle through.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:05 PM
Registered

And to add to the problem:

If you are 25 foot or less with twins or 29 foot or less with a single - you can go 25 MPH thru Duck Creek but.....you have to stay to left of the red bouys and right of the green bouys....or it right of red and left of green.........whatever the hell it is, Cigracer is right, the whole Duck Creek thing is screwed!
That little clause has served me well for the last few years being under 25ft. It's going to be a 30 minute idle now every time I take out the boat. I'm not looking forward to it. I saw the plans for the new Arrowhead edition a few weeks ago.........BIG. Duck Creek just keeps shrinking.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:41 PM
Registered

"Duck Creek"

There must be something wrong with me here, but I have never heard of "Duck Creek" and I have grown up going to LOTO!!! What restaraunts/bars are here? I'm sure I know the establishments, but just have never heard this terms. Thanks

P.S. no wake should NOT apply to coves over a certain size, but I do understand no wake in high traffic coves. Doesn't mean I like it, at all, but I can simply understand...
Old 02-02-2004, 01:56 PM
Registered

OBNOXUS21,

Duck Creek is on Grand Lake. You should check it out sometime. It's not too far from Lawrence, and it's a great lake.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:06 AM
Registered

NicOteen---

Thanks...no wonder I ahve never heard of it. For some reason I was picturing the cove of BackWaterJack's at LOTO. I wanted to travel to different lakes last summer, but I had a motor being rebuilt, break, rebuilt, then a drive went so I just stayed at LOTO. Now I sold my truck, so it doesn't look like I will be traveling too much
Anyways I am going to sell the boat this summer.

Quick Reply: No Wake in any coves at LOTO!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.